Page 1 of 3
Ok its like a code for all rockers or people into this kind of music to hav long hair, im personally into heavy metal and hardrock but i have shortish hair which i spike a bit. i feel a bit of an outcast for sum reason. do u reckon its important for to have long hair as a guitarist?
Everyone knows that how longer your hair is the better you play. Tsss idiot.
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
No, its just stereotyping, don't worry about it, you don't need to prove an image to anyone. I couldn't care less what I look like.
Quote by Guitar_Obsessed
When the hell was this a code?

Since the dawn of time....
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
If you have long hair, you (might) look the part, so people will take you more seriously.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Powerhouse
Of course it is, dumbass.
Seriously, cutting one's hair results in as much as a forty percent decrease in rocking, TS. Of course, shaving one's head - e.g. Joe Satriani - nullifies this.

I have long hair and I don't have it long because of any fashion statement or social group ****, I just have it long because I like it long and if I grow tired of it being long, i'll get it cut
Length of hair is proportional to how hard you can rock.

It's the opposite way round for women.
My hair has been any length from shoulder to almost clean shaven when I've played gigs. It doesn't matter a jot. Though I do think it's much more fun headbanging when you have a long manly mane.
Rob Schneider is... Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb! Rated PG-13.
Quote by AvengedThrice
True that. True that.
Methinks you pwned the thread dude.

Member number 8 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Starscream
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
because were self-centred and altered incredibly by peer pressure
is that the answer you wanted my dear march 08'er?
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
Quote by Flying Couch
Seriously, cutting one's hair results in as much as a forty percent decrease in rocking, TS. Of course, shaving one's head - e.g. Joe Satriani - nullifies this.

yeah, if you havn't got long hair you must either:

A. Be Bald/Shaven
B. Have A Metal Beard
C. Both

Example:

I believe slash once said something along the lines of dont worry about your image, concentrate on what your playing.

and he's ****ing right. The reason why alot of guitarists have long hair is they dont have time to get it cut, cause there busy, playing that dam guitar!!

practice on your music not your image!
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Muhammed Suiçmez. That's all I have to say about this.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Quote by -Collapse-
yeah, if you havn't got long hair you must either:

A. Be Bald/Shaven
B. Have A Metal Beard
C. Both

Example:

Pfft, we all know Kerry King just has a monkey on crac shouting in a microphone for his solo's............
i used to have it long but i got bored and had it cut, damn i ****in regret it now, i wonder how long it will take to grow decent agen
You cant windmill with short hair.

Durrrrrr
Nighty Night keep your butthole tight
Quote by AlexiSinergy
I heard my mom talking to her friend about going to a ****ing dildo party!
ive always wanted to grow my hair as long as i can remember to see how i'd like it. now that its past my shoulders and going down my back i actually do like it. And liking metal has nothing to do with how my hair is, if i decided to like rap tomorrow, my hair would be the same.
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
a Real Metal Guitarist need long hair... (if your a singer, drummer or bass player you can have sort hair)
my hair is 85 cm long
The only reason I grew my hair was because I formed a rock band, to be honest. All the band members had short hair at the start, but within a year's time all four of us had flowing locks.

Mainly because we wanted to be Led Zeppelin....I was going for the Robert Plant look myself.

Either way, I no longer have the long hair, and I'm no longer in that band. Coincidence? Probably. But I do see what you mean, you do tend to feel more "rawk" with long hair.
California sunlight, sweet Calcutta rain, Honolulu star-bright, the song remains the same.

Casting quarters into wells that hold our dreams.

Believe in the freedom of music.

With our love, we could save the world.
Quote by HUNYeti
a Real Metal Guitarist need long hair... (if your a singer, drummer or bass player you can have sort hair)
my hair is 85 cm long

Please refer to my earlier post in this thread.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

yeh dude, i used to have mad long hair, but i just got it cut last month real short almost about 1 inch, i still rock the shyte outa my guitar. i used to think like that, but then i look at other guitarisits, for example Tom Morello
RIP Kurt Cobain 1967-1994

Guitar Gear:
Squier Jagmaster (killswitch, dimarzio super dist. &tone zone pups)
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
wats the average time for hair growth..erm my hair is about 3cm and i want about above shoulder length, kurt cobain style. how long wud tht b u reckon???
Of course, it's kind of like Samson, but with guitar ability.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
well i think rockers having long hair is a sign of rebellion, not being like everyone else. Rock and roll is all about rebelling and long hair is how its done. But now its not as much because so many people have long hair, idk i like my long hair, it helps stand out at my school. it's kinda of a hassle and people tell me all the time to cut it. but it looks pretty cool and its fun.
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
*Sigh*

Do I have to explain the complex relationship between hair length and musical brutality again? I'm currently working with Stephen Hawking on papers for the very matter. In layman's terms, long hair = talent.
Quote by Footzyrama
I believe slash once said something along the lines of dont worry about your image, concentrate on what your playing.

and he's ****ing right. The reason why alot of guitarists have long hair is they dont have time to get it cut, cause there busy, playing that dam guitar!!

practice on your music not your image!

Ironic that Slash has one of the most iconic images in rock then

We can observe that hair anywhere between shoulder and waist length makes you a better guitarist. If it goes past your waist, your skills begin to deteriorate rapidly (Herman Li).
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
what about synyster gates??? he is like the best guitarist out atm, he has short hair at one stage.
I have long hair. I'm 13 and still growing it since 2-3 years ago. I play guitar (duuuh) and I head bang...

Kerry King is bald (as was obliviously going to be mentioned... too late) Bruce Dickinson got his hair cut around the time of Brave new World and isn't growing it back (I think it's because he's a pilot but)

Slash's is long... and Hendrix had an Afro...

Just figure it out on your own. Most metalheads like their's long though
For sale
BC Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic in Koa
Dean VMNT in Silver
Marshall TSL JCM2000 Head

PM For info!

My band
Quote by kwidjibo1
what about synyster gates??? he is like the best guitarist out atm, he has short hair at one stage.

Lol

Music doesn't connect with hair for gods sake.
Music isn't a ****ing fashion show.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by kwidjibo1
You are going to get murdered here. Y'know, just FYI.

Anyway, it's fine if you have had long hair at a point in this past, but have cut it in recent times - see Angus Young.
Basically metal/rock are very testosterone fueled types of music.

More hair=manliness.

That's the only conclusion I can draw from it.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Page 1 of 3