I have been doing my own radio show for the last few months at a local station with a 20km broadcasting radius. I'm 16 and I have a one hour slot once a week but they've been talking about giving me more shows in the week.
Anyway I think I've been getting pretty good at it over the months but I want to try something new now. Something different that will entrigue listeners. I know from experience that some of the worlds finest minds exist here on UG and it's the best place for ideas like that.
The programme isn't geared towards any single genre, I mix it up quite a bit but now and then have a blues show or 80s show or something. I sometimes have guests to speak about movies and there is a text number.

So hit me, what have you got? *sits with pen and notebook*
Play a song called "Tank!" by The Seatbelts.

Just do it.

EDIT: You're from Ireland, eh? Which part? I'm in Limerick.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
get songs from local bands and play them, thats what the radio stations do around me.
GEAR
Jackson JS30WR with EMG 81/85
Dean Vendetta
Peavey Valveking 212 (tung sol 12ax7 - JJ6l6gc)
Ibanez TS9
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2

Quote by insanitytheband
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote by alexyeung
try anything form avenged sevenfold

wtf?
Do a Wayne's World 'EXTREME CLOSE UP'.

On the radio.

That's innovation.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Quote by tzmen23
get songs from local bands and play them, thats what the radio stations do around me.

I've done that already actually, and the singer writes acoustic songs so he's coming in tommorow to play them on air.
Quote by ooder the cow
psyopus.

Thanks but I don't think so! A bit on the obscene side of heavy for radio.
Quote by dgme92
Play a song called "Tank!" by The Seatbelts.

Just do it.

EDIT: You're from Ireland, eh? Which part? I'm in Limerick.

Lol I had to look it up, it's cool, I'll use it for my backround music, I'm always looking for new backround music while I do interviews and stuff. Recently I've been using kinda funky jazz guitar instrumentals.
EDIT: Call me paranoid but I'd rather not give out my adress, a clue is "the sheepstealers"

Quote by blue_strat
Satre's Being and Nothingness.

Looks really cool and I'll think about it but might be a bit too deep.
Last edited by Icarus Lives at Mar 6, 2008,