right

so 6-7 weeks ago,I changed my strings, becuase it was overdue it was unfunny

was fine for first couple of weeks, but then the first fret on A string started buzzing

this buzz has now spread to first fret E and D string, as well as 2nd fret on E and A

have I destroyed my bass

I'll be upset, I get a new one in 2 days, but I love my Milestone, yes, its cheap, and now like 15 months old, but its MY Milestone, and it was the bass I got fair-middling on

I am sad

help??

go on, you know u should, Im doing my puppy dog eyes expression
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
It seems to me like you put lighter strings on, and it caused the neck to start to bow backwards. Look down the neck from the headstock to the bridge, is there a backbow? If so, it can be fixed with some routine truss rod adjustments.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Your41Plague12
It seems to me like you put lighter strings on, and it caused the neck to start to bow backwards. Look down the neck from the headstock to the bridge, is there a backbow? If so, it can be fixed with some routine truss rod adjustments.

Yep, this makes sense, I went from a medium gauge to a really light one

(90-45)

without thinking, glad I did this on a cheap bass, and means I can give trust rod adjustment a whirl...there's some threads to help I see, I'll sort this out soon, it's goin into retirement on saturday, but still, Im gonna wanna play it time to time, cheers man

also, sorry about the Be C rich joke, was just soo tempting
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Quote by skippy_moogoose
Yep, this makes sense, I went from a medium gauge to a really light one

(90-45)

without thinking, glad I did this on a cheap bass, and means I can give trust rod adjustment a whirl...there's some threads to help I see, I'll sort this out soon, it's goin into retirement on saturday, but still, Im gonna wanna play it time to time, cheers man

also, sorry about the Be C rich joke, was just soo tempting

No problem bro . If you like the light gauge strings, I'd adjust the truss rod. Otherwise, I'd just stick with regular gauge.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

May stick with more regular gauge from now on

how much does gauge affect trust rod adjustment, see I like Rotos, and wana replace my stock strings on my Mustang with Roto Short Scale

however, the stock stings E is 95, whilst the Roto is 90

would I adjust Trust Rod, obviously after spending £450 on a bass I dont wanna screw it up

so, advice?
Quote by the humanity
My advice is have a shop do it. Rather than taking a chance and messing up your bass, you can have a shop do it and pay just slightly more. It takes them about 20-30 minutes to do a full setup, and it's well worth it on any bass. I'd put the strings you want to use (the rotos) on for a while, and let the neck adjust to the strings (most likely a slight backbow). Then, take it for a setup so that way the truss rod adjustments they perform will actually work with those strings. That seems like the way to go, if I were to do it.
Quote by PatMcRotch

Quote by Wasted Bassist

Quote by Deliriumbassist
guide to doing it all is in the FAQ.

yeah I'd seen

cheers

and cheers again Your41PLague12
Quote by the humanity
i had the same problem. One of my tuners was loose and i had ti tighten it. U might wanna try that. Super glue ownz.