i put dean markley 11's on my schecter in standard tuning

and when i play a g note on the bottom e string

it rings and wont stop im guessing its a harmonic because when i go to stop the string
or let go of the note it will still ring/sustain

do i have to adjust the truss rod due to the fact i had 10's on it before at least im pretty sure they were 10's

or is this an inotation deal
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
o and another thing

when i divebomb the floyd all the way to the body all the strings go loose except the bottom e string and mabye the g i dont remember i'll check and edit in a sec
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
It's probably sympathetic notes, another string ringing slightly because of the vibration. It's not an issue with your guitar, it's something you just learn to control with time. Work on muting the other strings while you play.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
no i i muted all the other strings and it still does this and u can hear it when its unplugged also so idk what it is

it is kind of wierd that all the strings go loose except the bottom e string when i divebomb
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
bump

i'd like to fix this
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_