I posted a thread about a new guitar I was thinking of getting a while back and now I've changed my mind. I was gonna get the new Epiphone Prophecy Ex Sg, but I tried one and didn't like the feel of the sg body.

So now I'm thinking of getting the Les Paul Prophecy EX because i like those shapes, or a Dean Ml 79 reissue with a floyd on it.

so what do the people of UG think???

Oh, and if i get the ML79 , I'm gonna put a seymour duncan jb in the bridge.
Money, how much you got?
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Are you dead set on one of those guitars? Because with 830 (USD) you could get something nicer, I think.

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

>¦<
¦
well, if you have something else in mind then feel free to say

is your name from final fantasy 2 by any chance?
Well I haven't tried the Prophesy guitars yet. I have nothing but good to say about the ML79F series guitars though. They're great guitars and with 800 bucks, you'll still have left over for other things. Unless you're in the UK.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Well I'm looking at the Epiphone Prophecy EX Les Pauls right now, and they actually look pretty solid. I've always just had a thing against Epiphones because they feel extremely cheaply made and they break ALL the time. If you saved up maybe 100 more dollars you could get a Gibson Les Paul, or if you can find a used Gibson for under 900 you could get that. I dunno what kind of sound you're looking for, that would help too.

Yeah my name's from Final Fantasy, haha.

Edit: Upon further inspection, they have Ebony fretboards...hmmm...

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

>¦<
¦
Last edited by Spoony_Bard at Mar 6, 2008,
Well I normally wouldn't pick an epiphone,the only reason why i picked it is because it had some emg's in it and it isn't very expensive

I llike duncans more ( that's why i was gonna put one in the ML 79) but i was looking for something different. and the stuff that i play

mostly : megadeth, metallica, trivium, some lamb of god, pantera, iron maiden, and i usually just jam for a couple hours a day, just making stuff up and practicing

lol and final fantasy rules
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I've always just had a thing against Epiphones because they feel extremely cheaply made and they break ALL the time.

Play a nice one next time.

And for the thread, I'm not a big fan of Les Pauls, but the G-400 Epiphone Prophecy with the EMGs is a sick guitar. A buddy of mine has one.
I'm acuatlly think about getting the prophecy futura ex, but just from the looks of it, and The rest of the prophecy guitars they look like really good guitars, not to mention extremely sexy.
Gear:
Hagstrom Viking cherry
Crate B15 bass amp
Squier SQ MB-5 5-String Bass
Epi Valve Junior head
Russian Muff
FAB Chorus

I HAVE THE RED PUBIS