So i have a classic 50, i was just wondering if its possible to take out a tube or two from the amp and will it still work? Will it decrease the sound/watt? Do i take out the preamp or power tube?
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
you can take out the two middle or the two outside ones and it will cut the wattage in half. i think. ask some other people too.
taking out tubes works in 100/150 watt amps or so. But it won't work in your amp. You amp is what's called Push/Pull. The signal is split between two power tubes. Thefore you need at least two power tubes. When you rip out tubes, you always rip a pair out, this means that the signal is interupted.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
taking out tubes works in 100/150 watt amps or so. But it won't work in your amp. You amp is what's called Push/Pull. The signal is split between two power tubes. Thefore you need at least two power tubes. When you rip out tubes, you always rip a pair out, this means that the signal is interupted.

This is why you listen to Gabe!
Also, so everyone knows, if you pull the 2 inner or 2 outer tubes, you need to increase the speaker resistance relative to the amp output. If you have an 8 ohm output on your amp, you'll need a 16 ohm cab if you pull 2 tubes.
I know it doesn't apply in this case, just FYI.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
I am assuming that the Classic 50 has a pair of 6L6 tubes. Correct me if I am wrong. You can't pull out a pair of tubes because you only have one pair. If you pull your tubes, your amp won't work anymore.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
^no it has EL84

Thanx guys, so i am not going to do this now
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Quote by angeldef
So i have a classic 50, i was just wondering if its possible to take out a tube or two from the amp and will it still work? Will it decrease the sound/watt? Do i take out the preamp or power tube?

The volume difference will be negligible. Wattage isn't a measure of volume.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.