Hello all...

Totally new to the though of modding and customizing and have a probably pretty simple question.

I'm thinking of doing a "frankenstien" project, but no idea if it's even possible. I really like the neck on my Ibanez, the wizard II... but I hate the body (basswood), I want alder, but Ibanez doesn't make alder guitars.... so my question is... if I bought an Alder body (from wherever, whatever) would I be able to bolt the Wizard II on it?

Thanks for the replies in advance.
if the neck pocket is the same. or you could get an alder blank and route it the same.
Quote by Roc8995
Changing strings on a bigsby is alarmingly similar to flossing the teeth of a pissed-off sabertooth tiger while blindfolded.
Scale length the same? You're sorted, now neck pocket the same? even better, if not you can modify it (take away, add some etc) until your neck does fit.
Makes sense hah.

Thanks guys... anything else I should be looking for/at as far as that goes? Words of wisdom maybe? Lol.
measure 50 times cut once and still dont cut on the line. lol.
Quote by Roc8995
Changing strings on a bigsby is alarmingly similar to flossing the teeth of a pissed-off sabertooth tiger while blindfolded.
Your Wizard II, most likely, has an AANJ--so just get a replacement bodythat accepts AANJ necks. You can get them on evilbay for about $120.00 do a search for Ibanez bodies, or JEM bodies.

Cheers.