ok.... first of all, i've been a strat user and never dealt with tun o matics before
i got a used schecter now and i have to learn to handle it

the thing is, when i got it, the bridge was all the way down so that it touched the guitar body
there was fret buzz so i lifted it up pretty high, and i heard somewhere that i really shouldnt lift it too high because it can harm the guitar unless i'm absolutely sure what im doing

i kinda want to lift it up a bit more, but is that statement correct?
should i leave it alone since i'm not really familiar with these (although i DO want the action to be just a bit higher)?

also,
would i be changing the tension when i lift it up (and thus would i have to change anything else like truss rod?)

thanks
Attachments:
DSC00386.JPG
im not an expert, like i said,
but from what i know, u probably don't have to de-string them or anything... i raised it with my strings on normally
Mine is a lot higher than that.
Generally what I've seen happen is the posts they set into will strip or the wood around them will flex and let the bridge tilt, which makes intonation a *****.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
The bridge in the pic doesnt seem overly high. Its gonna be different on every guitar. If you dont know how to set it let a shop do it then do some research on how to do it. And the studs are pretty long on TOM bridges so doubtful you would strip the sleeves.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Just one of the reasons i hate tune o matic tail pieces.....

Yeah, after I've had the two that I've had, I'm honestly ready to deal with a Floyd, atleast I get some use out of those, Tune o' Matics are really **** tail pieces imo, you don't get anything from them and unless you set you're action mind-bindingly low you'll never get inotation right lol
There's nothing wrong with TOM bridges. They're actually the easiest bridge to setup. I've never had a problem with intonation or anything.

Sounds like you guys just can't do a proper setup.

Here's info on adjusting action and intonation on your bridge:
http://projectguitar.com/tut/action.htm
http://projectguitar.com/tut/intonate.htm

Adjust the bridge's height to where it's at a comfortable action for you, then re-intonate it, so it plays in tune.
I don't know what you guys are talking about; tunomatic bridges are extremely easy to operate, much easier than any tremolo equipped bridge.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!