Ok, I have several questions so I will number them to make it easier

1. I've heard it's a great amp, is this true?

2. What variations of this can I buy (100 watt head, 50 watt combo, 30 watt combo etc.)

3. What series do they come in (2000, 41000, etc)

4. What's a good price to pay for a used one in good working condition with working valves

5. Which one should I buy (from question 2)

6. Will it be too loud (Band practice, small gigs)

7. Finally can I run it through a tiny speaker cab (60 watt, 8 ohms, 2x3")

If any of the above questions don't make sense tell me so. Thanks
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
Last edited by evilbeaver22 at Mar 6, 2008,
1. I've heard it's a great amp, is this true?
It is a good amp, yes.

2. What variations of this can I buy?
The 4100 head, which is 100watts or 50 watts, the 4120 (I believe) which is 50 watts, and the combo, which is 50 watts. Also the MKII and MKIII...not sure about the MK, but it's something like that.

3. What series do they come in (2000, 41000, etc)
Look above

4. What's a good price to pay for a used one in good working condition?
A 4100 head, around $600-$700.

5. Which one should I buy (from question 2)
Depends on if you have a cabinet and what you want. Portability - the combo, pure power, the 4100, which is what I have.

6. Will it be too loud (Band practice, small gigs)
No, it can be soft, too.

7. Finally can I run it through a tiny speaker cab (60 watt, 8 ohms, 2x3")
No, it will blow the cab. You need at least a 2x12 rated at 150 watts. A 4x12 would be best, a JCM 900 1960A cab, which is what I have. They match.
High as tits
1. All comes down to personal opinion. Personally, I love it. Sparkling cleans and loads of gain. Seriously, it goes up to 20, and there's still plenty of clarity at that stage(not that I'd ever need that much gain, anyway).

2. 100W and 50W heads and combos. Combos are harder to find, though.

3. 2500 SL-X and 4100 Dual Reverb

4. Heads go for $400-$800. Half stacks are as high as $1800.

5. The SL-X models have more gain. The Dual Reverb models have...well...dual reverb. I'd get the 50W.

6. Should be just fine.

7. Two 3-inch speaks with 60W handling? Is that possible?
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
1. All comes down to personal opinion. Personally, I love it. Sparkling cleans and loads of gain. Seriously, it goes up to 20, and there's still plenty of clarity at that stage(not that I'd ever need that much gain, anyway).

2. 100W and 50W heads and combos. Combos are harder to find, though.

3. 2500 SL-X and 4100 Dual Reverb

4. Heads go for $400-$800. Half stacks are as high as $1800.

5. The SL-X models have more gain. The Dual Reverb models have...well...dual reverb. I'd get the 50W.

6. Should be just fine.

7. Two 3-inch speaks with 60W handling? Is that possible?

apparently, I have the speakers, they came from a car
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
Are you sure it would blow the cab even If I had the volume low or set to 50 watts?
Quote by GeneralGrim
Yes, it would blow. You need to get a separate cab with the head that has speakers that can handle the power.
High as tits
yeah it would blow the cab i have a 100 watt jcm 900 slx and i love it the good thing about the 900s is they have a switch on the back that can switch it to half the wattage for example my 100 watt switches to 50 and the 50 watt 900 series switch to 25 watts but you might want to get a decent cab for it to run through otherwise it wont sound so nice
Most of the questions but as for question 3. Well, here is the list of models that I know of.

Dual Reverb:

SL-X:

MK III:
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Ok I think ill go with the dsl 50 head
Quote by GeneralGrim