Recently i've been trying to master some tapping licks more complicated than the 2 finger method but I seem to be having a lot of trouble with it. I'm not sure if i'm just starting out with stuff that's to complex (Sea Of Lies by Symphony X / Sugar Coated Sour by Dillinger Escape Plan) or if i'm just doing something terribly wrong.

I find that my fretting hand techique is pretty good and most of the problems lie with the picking hand when it comes to the actual taps but another problem i've noticed when doing Sea Of Lies is that I can't move my left hand fast enough to the different strings. I know from practicing other techniques that the speed comes in time though so i'm not to worried about that. So if you guys have any suggestions or tips (some licks to practice, something I might be missing, etc) i'd appreciate the help.
Well, depending on how many fingers you're going to need on your right hand, try to rest your right thumb on the neck.

This will give you a bit more stabillity.

Check out Stanley Jordan to see what the hell i'm talking about.

Other than that, it's the same old story of practice and synchronization; Michael Romeo is incredible at tapping so don't expect to nail his technique straight away

You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap

Other than that, it's the same old story of practice and synchronization; Michael Romeo is incredible at tapping so don't expect to nail his technique straight away

Haha yeah those string skipping taps are absurd
Try joe satriani :P
Gear:

Esp Ltd DJ-600
Ibanez S520EX
Parker P 44 Pro
Traynor YCS100 Head
Traynor YCS412 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD20
Boss GE-21
Ibanez TS7
EH Soul Preacher
BBE Sonix Maximizer 462 rack
Actually my teacher just taught me the thumb resting thing the other day for rasgeudo (sp?) flamenco stuff, never really thought about applying it here, thanks.