How much does the Marshall JCM800 combo weigh??? I'm thinking about getting one with my Les Paul, and wondering if it was on the lighter side. (Hey I'm only 14.)
the 4103 100 watt 2x12 is about 85 to 90 pounds roughly about. I don't know about the 1x12 or other models though.
yeah, they arn't "on the lighter side". But i really don't think weight should be an issue in choosing an amp. get a buddy to help you carry it.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
+3.141592

Quote by imgooley
It was such a good suggestion you gave him pi?

yeah, he gave me pi.
Wheels are my best friends, but then again, I am 6'4"...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by Gutch220
I never heard of anyone using the weight of an amp as a make-or-brake issue

+1

Get a hand truck or something. Or put casters on it.
Quote by Gutch220

Well here is one

i couldn't get a JCM 800 combo because it was too heavy and i had to be able to move my amp myself according to my dad
Quote by Gutch220
buy a road case with wheels.

I have one for my Mesa Cab, except the grand total weight of the cab is now 175 pounds. I lug it twice a week. With the 85 pound head in it's case...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
weight shouldn't be a consideration when buying a amp.
my 2203kk weight about 75 pounds and the marshall 1960A weighs about 110 pounds. i lug it every week for gigging.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
Unless you have those Marshall's in cases, I find it hard to believe that they weight that much. I used to own a 1960A and it weighed 80 pounds. I would clock in the head around 50 pounds. Marshall stuff just doesn't weigh that much. It just isn't built as well as other brands...
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Quote by Gutch220

I've seen a lot of people buy 5150 heads and a 2x12 cab just because the combo is weird as hell to carry and weighs quite a bit.

Quote by FLCLcowdude
Unless you have those Marshall's in cases, I find it hard to believe that they weight that much. I used to own a 1960A and it weighed 80 pounds. I would clock in the head around 50 pounds. Marshall stuff just doesn't weigh that much. It just isn't built as well as other brands...

My 1960b says it weighs 100lbs on the back...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw

My 1960b says it weighs 100lbs on the back...

You ruined my argument. I am gonna go cry now.
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Quote by FLCLcowdude
You ruined my argument. I am gonna go cry now.

haha

I'm sorry... ?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
I love you too MatrixClaw! No homo though!
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Weights is an issue when you have carbon tax is place where public transit suck. Take here in BC, for example: $10/tonne on fuel carbon tax beginning July 1, 2008. The tax will rise by $5 a year until it reaches $30/tonne in 2012.

If you have to rely on bus due to that and you have poor public transit and have to walk for 15 minutes to the nearest bus stop? it's an issue. Even a 4x10 cab is cumbersome with a luggage cart (up and down the pavement)

If you have a car and can afford the fuel, it should not be an issue. Just get caster.
Quote by FLCLcowdude
I love you too MatrixClaw! No homo though!

You deserve a sig for that haha. You're actually not the first person who's said "no homo though" to me on UG, It's alright, I agree!
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com