ok, i dont really now how to describe my problem actually. but here it goes..
When i play with distortion, i kinda like this 'hitting' sound of the pick on the string when i play riffs especially on the 12th fret about. That 'hitting' sound is not a very loud sound or somewhat, but I may classified is as an annoying exessive noise.. really get annoyed by it sometime.. i'm not really sure u guys understand this but i hope u guys did.

I play through Epi Les Paul>dunlop Wah>TS-9>Boss MT2>Ibanez CF-7>boss DD6>Kustom tube 12..

izit coz of my pickup? distortion pedal? amp? or i need a noise-supressor pedal?
wut does those noise supressor pedal actually do anyway? and if i need 'em, wut's da best but not expensive?

thanx in advance..
haha yeah i have the same problem
anyone?!?!
Quote by britneyspears69
I got my first guitar recently and people are telling me to get pickups. I don't get it. What do they do? Do they help you when you drop your pick?
use a thicker pick, angle the pick more, generally get your picking more accurate.

If you listen to Machine Heads latest album, it's full of these pick noises and sometimes it gets to the point where I have to skip tracks.

The less pick that hits the string the less noise it makes.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Try picking in different places.
Sometimes if I pick right on a harmonic node it will get little squeaks of harmonics in there.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
I was having a few noise issues myself, it really came out in recording. So i looked at the way i was playing and i had to much angle on my pick so it was scraping instead of plucking. Had to flatten things up a bit and the noise went bye bye. Another issue i had was solid state amps amplify the hell out of it. And thirdly had issues were the pick would make harmonics from the pick touching the string after the string is plucked when i go in for the second pluck. New picks with a beveled edge stopped that issue.. Hope that helps...
i have these exact problem...i tought it was my first act though... but can i get any thicker picks the fender celluloid hecvy picks
I always thought the pick sounds gave my tone some sharpness. I almost like it.

I uh, "accidentally" get pick harmonics sometimes and it sounds pretty awesome.
Gear:

Ibanez SAS36FM
Ovation Acoustic
Classical Guitar
Amplitube 3 running into a PA
thanx! i alreadi use a thick pick.. guess it's my technique then! thought i dont reali understand what IbanezPsycho advice about the picking technique, i'll practice myself and try-&-error the best technic!

Thank God there is ultimate-guitar.com!
Quote by IbanezPsycho
I was having a few noise issues myself, it really came out in recording. So i looked at the way i was playing and i had to much angle on my pick so it was scraping instead of plucking. Had to flatten things up a bit and the noise went bye bye. Another issue i had was solid state amps amplify the hell out of it. And thirdly had issues were the pick would make harmonics from the pick touching the string after the string is plucked when i go in for the second pluck. New picks with a beveled edge stopped that issue.. Hope that helps...

pick angle isn't really a problem if your pick is sharp and your motion goes straight through the string and you don't hit the string with too much of your pick.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
so, pick have to be changed often than? have to be always sharp??
I cannot play without a sharp pick. It annoys me too much.

Quote by element4433