today it was my friend's peavey transtube series rage, 20 watts
it was amazing
played with it's lead channel with some drive and my neck pickup on my strat
unbelievably good for such a cheap amp
so best ss sound ever
ready...
GO
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Completely solid state? If so, I fancy some of those custom amps. The Marshall Lead 12 and the other Marshall MOSFET amps from the eighties are pretty cool. The Randall RG100ES makes my life complete. Can't forget about the Roland Jazz Chorus.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Randall, high end Line 6, Roland Cube.. Probably more but those are off the top of my head.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

My friend has a Roland Jazz Chorus which is awesome and if I'm not mistaken (it might be hybrid) the Line 6 Vetta II's sound really good for heavy gain stuff.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Best I've played was a Line 6 Vetta, but I'd still take a tube any day
ohai little sig.
Quote by Vanquish
Randall, high end Line 6, Roland Cube.. Probably more but those are off the top of my head.

I personally wouldn't count the Line 6 and other modelers. The reason being is that they aren't 'true' solid state amps. They use modeling processors as apposed to transistors to produce the sounds.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by acdclandon
what's the best solid state amp you've ever heard
it was amazing
so best ss sound ever
ready...
GO

No offense or anything, but the reason that amp sounded so good is because you have an MG half stack...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by FLCLcowdude
No offense or anything, but the reason that amp sounded so good is because you have an MG half stack...

Buh-dup chh!

Quote by robertstnnnr33
Idk what others think but I just got my first real amp and its the Crate GLX212 and I love it.

I think you should turn your arse around and return it!

Nah, if you like it, more power to you brother.

I also forgot to mention the Peavey Transtube amps.

The XXL is pretty cool.

The Ziggy amp sounds pretty sweet too.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
The rockman soloist currently residing on my desk is probably the greatest ss amp ever created, infact the whole rockman line up until it was sold to dunlop was kick ass.

Why did you have to sell it to dunlop, scholz, why?
Last edited by Dance_of_Death at Mar 6, 2008,
Quote by kyle62
I'd say the Peavey Transtube will become a legend. Sounds good, built like a tank...an ideal backup amp. The Toyota Hilux of the amplification world.

That's a Tacoma to you youngins ITT.

But yeah, Transtube amps are pretty rad sounding. I have an old Studio 112 and it sounds pretty killer and it's like a brick.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
i havent played any really good ones but my fender dyna touch III was decent as is my sunn 260 ( though i gave it to my mom for her eleectric violin), i hear pritchards reconsider why you ever started with tube amps
Gear:
too much to list

Soldering iron:15 dollars
Amp kit: 500 dollars
solder: 5 dollars
Burning the crap outta your fingers: priceless
Kustom 12 Gauge

Cheap amp but sounded terrific

The fact that it's just a straight up amp with no DSP effects or anything in the circut helps too, just straight amp thats it. I've been hearing alot of people say those new Raven amps are pretty nice too.
My teacher's got a Tech 21 Trademark that sounds quite sexy, and very tube- ish, unlike all some of the Randalls that have been mentioned.
Quote by acdclandon
what's the best solid state amp you've ever heard
it was amazing
so best ss sound ever
ready...
GO

since you have that - ummm terrible amp, how can i believe a single word you say?
The best CHEAP SS i've played was the peavey transtube series.
The best SS i've played was a Roland Jazz Chorus, which may be my next big purchase if I get a job.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I loved playing the Line 6 Vetta
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Played: Roland Jazz Chorus

Heard: High end Randall and that Peavey amp that Zappa's son made....... dan't quite remember the name though.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
The solid state Vox amps that the Beatles used must have been pretty sh!t hot.

Out of all the SS amps I've played, I liked the red knob Fender Pro 185 most.