i emailed NAMM to find how to attend and they came back to me with "you cant go" and im like "what the #@$%!!"

so is this true? can no one that isnt part of a company go?

i really want to go and see all the cool equipment and people but it seems i cant. so those of you in the know, what do i do to get in? ive seen vids of inside NAMM and this email threw me off. so whats going on?
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Didn't NAMM just end?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
there is another one coming up this summer.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
so i have to ask someone i know personally that owns a guitar shop or something related to go? i mean granted they know about NAMM and are members of the show. i know a guy that might be able to get me in i think. but is that the only way?

if that is how it works.....what is the purpose of NAMM? to show other companies your stuff?? isnt that pointless? shouldnt they be showing the public, not the competition?
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Quote by giternator
if that is how it works.....what is the purpose of NAMM? to show other companies your stuff?? isnt that pointless? shouldnt they be showing the public, not the competition?

It's more about showing potential retailers the new stuff, as well as the media.
Quote by giternator
so i have to ask someone i know personally that owns a guitar shop or something related to go? i mean granted they know about NAMM and are members of the show. i know a guy that might be able to get me in i think. but is that the only way?

For Employees at music stores to go and check out what they want to order.
Quote by metal Lover
For Employees at music stores to go and check out what they want to order.

as in order for their stores to stock? or them personally?

and if you get in by someone giving u tickets, u wont get in trouble if ur not part of the music store? im guessing not but gotta ask you know.

and they dont sell anything at all there, just display?? and its all testable?
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Quote by giternator

and if you get in by someone giving u tickets, u wont get in trouble if ur not part of the music store? im guessing not but gotta ask you know.

for their stores.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by giternator
i emailed NAMM to find how to attend and they came back to me with "you cant go" and im like "what the #@$%!!"

so is this true? can no one that isnt part of a company go?

i really want to go and see all the cool equipment and people but it seems i cant. so those of you in the know, what do i do to get in? ive seen vids of inside NAMM and this email threw me off. so whats going on?

National Association of Music Merchants

If you don't manufacture or sell items for music, you can't become a NAMM member.
If you aren't a NAMM member, you can't attend their trade show. Simple as.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
It's a trade show. It's not for people who just want to have their photo taken with stuff they can't afford.
Quote by smb
It's a trade show. It's not for people who just want to have their photo taken with stuff they can't afford.

lol well i might o.0, behringer and bugera goes

but thanks for your guys help and i understand the situation now.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Quote by giternator

1. No they don't sell anything.
2. They give away free things like picks, strings, and stickers
3. Most of it is testable.