I was at the new guitar shop the other day and was trying out an OLP 5 string Stingray style bass and the salesman told me that OLP is done their contract with Ernie Ball and will no longer be available. Is this true??? Has anyone else heard this??
"If I was any cooler I'd be froze">>>Me

Epiphone Les Paul Custom,
Yamaha: FG-405
Yamaha: FX370C TBS
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz & Fretless Jazz
Vox AD30VT
Traynor DynaBass 200T
Hohner Button Accordian
Digitech RP350
Yes. EB is starting to go the way of Rickenbacker, and is getting rather exclusive about their product. They have discontinued their own SUB line and have canceled their licensing contract with OLP
Quote by anarkee
Yes. EB is starting to go the way of Rickenbacker, and is getting rather exclusive about their product. They have discontinued their own SUB line and have canceled their licensing contract with OLP

so will the SUB line be cheaper than the EB's like the OLP's were??

Vox AD30VT
Traynor DynaBass 200T
Hohner Button Accordian
Digitech RP350
No--the SUBs have been discontinued already (for about a year I think). Now they have cancelled OLP's contract as well.

You can still find some SUBs out there; if you can there are usually of better quality than the OLPs.

Vox AD30VT
Traynor DynaBass 200T
Hohner Button Accordian
Digitech RP350
Quote by anarkee

According to Mr Sterling Ball himself they are currently in talks with a new manufacture for their low end series. As for the SUB he also said EB might as well have put a $100 bill in the case because that's how much loss they were making on each one.

I don't think we'll see the day when EB start flexing their legal muscles when someone tries to make a private sale over Ebay.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
well i got an olp five string for 100$... i had to fix the wiring and file the fret edges, but after that it plays and sounds nice enough, its pretty solid, finish chips though... going to replace it with a fender when i get the cash though. as a first bass i think its good.
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158