I've finally saved enough money ($1,500) to buy a strat but don't really know which one to buy, i've tried a couple but i don't want to make my desicion based on those few, so, which strat do you recommend?
I already have a les paul which i use to play heavy stuff so I want the strat to play more bluesy stuff like SRV, Rory Gallagher, Buddy Guy, Hendrix, Clapton, etc
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Budget?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Budget?

$1,500
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
*whistle* That's a lovely budget to play with. You could get an MIA or maybe a used Deluxe.

I'd recommend a '57 Reissue Stratocaster. Lovely guitars.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I second the '57 MIA, I would suggest a 3 tone sunburst. SOOO SWEET.
Quote by killbox2490
HOLY S**T! There is a switch hahahahahha. Thanks Red Wing. Now you're probably going to quote me for being so retarded

CLAPTON IS GOD
Quote by sidvicious182
forget fender

by a G&L legacy. best purchase of my life.

its liek a strat times 12

and its like 1300 so its within your budget

Pfft G&L guitars are overated. Plus the '57 neck completely destroys the G&L necks.

The only G&L that impressed me was the Blues Boy.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by redwing91007
I second the '57 MIA, I would suggest a 3 tone sunburst. SOOO SWEET.

57's don't have a 3 tone option i believe. That's on the 62's.
Quote by wonder725
57's don't have a 3 tone option i believe. That's on the 62's.

The '57 comes in vintage burst too.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The '57 comes in vintage burst too.

cool, most people are saying to get the '57 so i'm gonna try to check it out
-Homer Simpson
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Pfft G&L guitars are overated. Plus the '57 neck completely destroys the G&L necks.

The only G&L that impressed me was the Blues Boy.

I dunno. they're definitely worth looking at, if my dad's ASAT bass is any indication. Amazing instrument.

I mean, Leo Fender himself considered them better instruments than the Fenders that bore his name....
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
*whistle* That's a lovely budget to play with. You could get an MIA or maybe a used Deluxe.

I'd recommend a '57 Reissue Stratocaster. Lovely guitars.

Why would he buy a used American Deluxe when he can just buy a new one?

I would say the 57 reissue or an American Standard/Deluxe. They're all great guitars, and pretty high-up there.

Also look at the Eric Clapton/SRV/John Mayer signature strats. They are all very nice, and one might tickle your fancy.

I for one like the John Mayer strat because of it's neck and pups, the Eric Clapton because of its neck, and the SRV because of it's neck.

So you might like one as well since you listen them as influences.
High as tits
Quote by Suicidal_Brick

I would say the 57 reissue or an American Standard/Deluxe. They're all great guitars, and pretty high-up there.

Also look at the Eric Clapton/SRV/John Mayer signature strats. They are all very nice, and one might tickle your fancy.

I for one like the John Mayer strat because of it's neck and pups, the Eric Clapton because of its neck, and the SRV because of it's neck.

Yeah I have an EC Strat and the only Strat that I have played that I liked more than it was the Eric Johnson. Pretty much anything in that price range will be pretty damn good though.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by Suicidal_Brick

u like both the EC neck and the SRV neck? that's like... two different worlds...

clapton V neck, '57 V neck are similar, and they completely destroy other necks. my neck has a clapton V shape
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
A 1970's model. The kind with the fat Headstock. Get it in Sonic blue with white pickguard and try to get a matching headstock, then put a competition stipe on it. Looks and feels amazing. Even people who dont like strats will like it.
in my opinion the two best fenders are the 57 and 62 reissues. the two main differences aside from finish options are neck shape: a vintage V shape on the 57, and a bulkier round C shape on the 62, and the fretboard: maple on the 57 and rosewood on the 62. I love my 62 RI, and chose it over the 57 because i liked the neck better, and although i prefer the feel of a finished maple board, i think the rose wood has a sweeter (although slightly less snappy and bright) tone.
Quote by Suicidal_Brick

yea, I've tried the EC and SRV guitars, i'll have to check out the John Mayer strat and see how it's like. I really liked the EC neck but i wasn't feeling the sound
-Homer Simpson
go somewhere and try em all.... each one has a diffrent feeling gotta try and find one that fits you
^+ a million

You've gotta play loads of guitars to find one that feels perfect for you.

But I recommend the American vintage strats too, the '57 or '62
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by SRV59
go somewhere and try em all.... each one has a diffrent feeling gotta try and find one that fits you

I always recommend trying them out first for the same reason, guitars find you. And I wish I was in your shoes...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.