Hey, i've never played a real show before and i had a quick question...how do guitarists change guitars on stage without getting an annoying CRACKLE CRACKLE HISSS when plugging and unplugging guitars?
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"
but you never see them run over to turn off their amp before switching guitars? That would be a bitch for players who change guitars between like every song.
yeah becouse they have roadies to do it. either that or prob turn of the amp vol t 0
there's a few different ways of accomplishing this...i believe the most common is by using a volume pedal
I use my tuner pedal. I click it on and it is silent in tuning mode, then I switch guitars
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
I think planet waves makes a cable with a built in circuit breaker.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Classic Ebony with gold hardware
Fender American Stratocaster 3 color sunburst maple fretboard tortoise shell pickguard
Martin 000-M Auditorium
Mesa Boogie F-50
Maxon OD-9
Dunlop 535Q Wah pedal
i think there r amp cables that have switches on them, but i dont know if they crackle or not...
get a volume pedal.
[Gear]
1957 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom [gone ]
1958 Reissue Sunburst (Ice Tea)
1959 Reissue Sunburst (Cherry)
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG
50th Anniversary CS Masterbuilt Strat

Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
most people have stand-by switches on their live amps. And use mute pedals (Boss NS-2 on mute function), no musician likes those noises so they usually have some technological pedal to mute the signal or cut it off.
Use your tuner... The best way is to use a tuning pedal so you can step on it to cut the signal to your amp... AND as soon as you plug in your new guitar, you can give it a quick tuning check...

This is what I've always done and seen most people do... It's the easiest and most efficient
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Yep the tuner thing
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
ah okay thanks guys. I guess I've never discovered that method since my amp's got a tuner built in. I've got a new one on the way so i'll probably be picking up a tuner pedal soon. Thanks a lot!
any recommendations? will the regular Boss tuner pedal do me good?
Quote by AndyMcDandy
I think planet waves makes a cable with a built in circuit breaker.

Have used the same cable for 2 years, works like no other. The best cable on the planet hands down.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Planet-Waves-Circuit-Breaker-14-Straight-Instrument-Cable?sku=335277
Most bigger bands with wireless systems with frequency changers, will have a roadie/tech just switch which wireless signal goes to the amp.
Yeah it does, but some amps (my friends 5150 for instance) are noisy anyway so doesnt make much difference really.
Any good tuner with a mute switch will work well.....

It's a hassle to keep walking back to hit the standby switch when you change guitars when you can just hit a footswitch on your tuner in your pedal board.........
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
The secret is really good training. They learn to switch guitar so fast that you dont notice the crackling sound.
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?