Hey whatsup? Ive always kinda been interesed in mixing music and effects together. Heres basically what im looking for.

Well my band has kinda gone down the crapper for the past month or so, and so ive been taking time off to polish different techniques, come up with new riffs and work on my theory. Im primarily more of a rythm guitarist, and i want to record tracks so i can play solos and do fills over them for fun. Eventually id like something where i can record full songs, layer different tracks of guitar, add some singing, and than add some synth and drums in the background.

Im looking for something affordable that i can plug my guitar into my pc and record directly onto it with fairly good quality. Is there something that will do this with both guitar and singing? Id want it primarily for guitar, but i want to try singing along with the stuff i make.

Id like to have some pretty good (but affordable) software so i can add effects to my guitar after i record it. Also id like it to include drum beats and something to create synth with. Is there any good programs like this that you can find by "knowing your way around the computer?"

Also, thanks for any replies
Quote by gu1t4rh3r0
One of my friends said to the principle once,
"NO! The voices tell me not to talk to you!" *Runs away on all fours*
The principle eventually caught up to him and gave him a drug test.
Get the M-Audio interface, it's pretty good. For software there's soo much out there. Depends on your tastes.
Quote by killbox2490
HOLY S**T! There is a switch hahahahahha. Thanks Red Wing. Now you're probably going to quote me for being so retarded

CLAPTON IS GOD
I don't really have any insight on software for recording and/or synth stuff as I'm a Mac user, but I would reccomend a Line6 Toneport UX2 USB interface. I like mine because it can take line and mic inputs simultaneously and can provide 48v phantom power for condenser microphones.

Also, the UX2 comes with some modeling software called Gearbox which allows you to get some pretty decent guitar, bass, and vocal sounds without a million pedals. However, you still get the versatility of having a lot of different pedals as well as amps and cabinets (or at least models of them). For example, you can play your guitar into the computer and have it sound like it's coming from X amp through Y cabinet and through Z effects. It may not be the most high-end modeling on the market but I'm really happy with mine and for the price it simply can't be beat (around $200 USD for the interface and software).

If you're looking for inexpensive way to record some nice vocals, check out the MXL 909 condenser mic (somewhere around $65 list). It's suspiciously cheap but I love mine for acoustic guitar and vocals. The customer service at MXL is top-notch and the microphone really does sound great for something short of $500.

The products I described are those of my own recording setup so PM me if you would like any samples of what this stuff can do!

Good luck in your quest for a home recording studio.
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?
Last edited by GuitarFreak664 at Mar 6, 2008,
if you get the TNT bundle pack by tascam (its like 100$ or something), it comes with an interface, and 2 programs, albeit limited editions, as well as a mic. so it satisfies all your needs. its of a decent quality, and it USBs into your computer.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
My Setup is an M-Audio Fast Track Pro ($199), Cakewalk Music Creator($40), and a couple mics most importantly the Shure SM57 ($99) for micing my amp. Anyways it works great.

There are more affordable solutions as well. Head over to musicians friend and look through Recording >> Audio Interfaces area and get feel for what you can afford. Your options are USB Firewire and expansion card (IE PCI Card). Usb being the cheapest and firewire being more expensive, and PCI being less mobile.

DS
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
Quote by Pr3vieWX360
Eventually id like something where i can record full songs, layer different tracks of guitar, add some singing, and than add some synth and drums in the background.

Im looking for something affordable that i can plug my guitar into my pc and record directly onto it with fairly good quality. Is there something that will do this with both guitar and singing? Id want it primarily for guitar, but i want to try singing along with the stuff i make.

Get a two-track firewire interface, since that'll split the vocals and guitar up. If you want to add drums and synths, you may want one that has MIDI (unless you'd like a keyboard that connects via USB). This is perfect, IMHO.

Quote by Pr3vieWX360
Id like to have some pretty good (but affordable) software so i can add effects to my guitar after i record it. Also id like it to include drum beats and something to create synth with. Is there any good programs like this that you can find by "knowing your way around the computer?"

Tracktion, Cubase SX...look at reviews and try the demos.