Hey everyone, I recently joined a new band called 5Point. We are an acoustic rock band from Pennsylvania. Please give our demo's a listen and tell me what you think. If you enjoy it, download it from the purevolume and spread the word. Were also on facebook if you are into that. Here are the links to our sites:

http://www.purevolume.com/5Point

http://www.facebook.com/pages/5point/10847744202

Thanks again, and please let me know what you think.
nice. Reminds me of dispatch. I really like sweet surrender. The chillaxed feel and all... Crit mine? purevolume.com/weareaglitch

p.s. is this a home or studio recording? If home, what mic?
Last edited by sevenatenine at Mar 6, 2008,
Quote by sevenatenine
nice. Reminds me of dispatch. I really like sweet surrender. The chillaxed feel and all... Crit mine? purevolume.com/weareaglitch

p.s. is this a home or studio recording? If home, what mic?

I take the dispatch comment as a compliment, Dispatch is actually my all time favorite band, so thank you.

As for your stuff, it sounds really good for a solo project. I like the vocals, very cool harmonies in the first song. Keep it up.

For our recordings they were done in a dorm room actually. We did it all at once, so we used a bunch of different mics. On one of the guitars we used an MXL 990 on one guitar, a samson C01 on the vocals, a sm57 on the bongos and some other really nice condenser on the other guitar, I'm not sure what it was because it was actually my RA that was doing the recording and it was his mic.
Thanks for the response. Dispatch is one of my favorite bands too. I use a MXL 990 too, but your recording sounds better than my for acoustic. It's probably finding the right distance and angle to place it.
Quote by sevenatenine
Thanks for the response. Dispatch is one of my favorite bands too. I use a MXL 990 too, but your recording sounds better than my for acoustic. It's probably finding the right distance and angle to place it.

Yea, try using the 990 about a foot to 18 inches away from the guitar, and place it at the 12th fret of the guitar, pointing at the fret, not the soundhole. We also used a presonus tube preamp, which are really cheap but really good quality and just make your stuff that much warmer.
Quote by young_player
Rock?? sounds like back street boys.

Why thank you, I consider the backstreet boys to have all had very good voices, so it is glad to hear you like the vocals. As for any other comparisons to the backstreet boys, I'm not sure where they could be made, considering we play instruments and they just sang and recorded to a drum machine and such.
Haha no you don't sound like the backstreet boys it's just you have that light voice ever so popular in that kind of music. But it's kind of funny because sweet surrender sounded a bit a like cry me a river with your voice. Well at least you'll know you'll have of female fans.

Some suggestions I have are.

- Try harder with your lyrics and refrain from to many cliches.
- Try multi tracking put your harmonies

Other than that you music is relaxing and mellow and your voice is good.

Good luck to all three of you.
Smile alot today... okay?
Quote by Sumthing Catchy
Haha no you don't sound like the backstreet boys it's just you have that light voice ever so popular in that kind of music. But it's kind of funny because sweet surrender sounded a bit a like cry me a river with your voice. Well at least you'll know you'll have of female fans.

Some suggestions I have are.

- Try harder with your lyrics and refrain from to many cliches.
- Try multi tracking put your harmonies

Other than that you music is relaxing and mellow and your voice is good.

Good luck to all three of you.

Thanks a lot, there was a lot of good crit there and I'll definitely pass it on to my singer.
dude you guys rock

there is honestly nothing bad to say about you dudes

you have a great sound, keep it up
Quote by jivistheshizz
dude you guys rock

there is honestly nothing bad to say about you dudes

you have a great sound, keep it up

thanks a lot man, glad you like it.
Pretty cool stuff. Your percussionist should get some more stuff I reckon though. Also maybe a bass? Really good job though.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Pretty cool stuff. Your percussionist should get some more stuff I reckon though. Also maybe a bass? Really good job though.

Thanks for the crit. I'm the percussion guy and I actually bought some congas, but only had bongos when we recorded that stuff. I'll be adding some other things too probably like a djembe and even a cymbal maybe.