Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone could help me on MOP. I'm on the solo after the high e string 17 pull 12 17 pull 12 15 pull 12, after the fast section of triplets on the high e string, and was wondering for the rest of the solo, some spots hit the 23rd and 24th frets. The only problem is my strat only has 22 frets. Can someone help me, I hear there's some sort of harmonic out there or something, any help would be appreciated
Have you ever smoked a big fat cuban cigar
Have you ever hitched a ride on a shooting star
Have you ever seen red when you shouldve seen yellow
Have you ever been mellow?
Last edited by Strange_guitar at Mar 6, 2008,
just fake it and hit the 22nd fret. At that speed no one will really notice anyway. Or just bend the string up a bit so it sounds like it would be the 23rd and 24th frets.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Quote by lepermessiah22
just fake it and hit the 22nd fret. At that speed no one will really notice anyway. Or just bend the string up a bit so it sounds like it would be the 23rd and 24th frets.

just bend the 22nd like u've never bent b4

and yes there is some harmonic trick to do with reachign super high notes, but since i have a 24 fret axe, i dont know it
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
hey..

I'm wondering which part you mean as I cant remember a note on the 24th fret.

You maybe mean the high note in the middle of the solo.. this is an artificial harmonic on the b string ( ah 2.7 ).

Just watch my version of the solo, you will see what I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD81XD5MYZ8

greets and keep on practicing