Yup, Erock owned one for about a week. Said it was pretty cool but there was just something weird to its sound that wasn't what he wanted. I should've bought it, wtf is wrong with me.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i know what he means something was bugging me its not the smoothest amp ever thats for sure.
Wow, I'm not the only guy on here who knows about this thing...amazing.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
yeah, I owned one for about a month actually. Too bad you didn't see the classifieds ad I had up, I tried to give a deal here selling it for $900 + shipping. Just a couple lowball offers, no real bites. I don't know if people didn't believe me that they listed for $2k+.

Very cool sounding amp, definitely had some traits of the Recto and JCM. Really liked how it had that rich harmonic content with the big chords. Had a lot of gain, but I didn't really like the voicing beyond 1:00, had a tendency to get buzzy. The lowend was a little odd for me too, had this chewy quality about it I didn't care for. I've heard it sound great in the right hands, just wasn't for me.

The clean channel sounded great for a high gainer. However, it only had a gain control for the clean channel with a bright switch, shared EQ. I didn't mind the shared EQ, but I never got a balance I really liked using the gain to try to match up the vol with the lead channel, at least without tapdancing for the Master 2 vol control. IMO, it really could have used a vol control in addition to the gain control for the clean channel. Was a great clean on it's own though, just didn't like it for channel switching.

One last thing that bugged me about that amp. I noticed when changing preamp tubes, the board really flexed a lot, which shouldn't be happening IMO. I would expect at least a well supported PCB, if not chassis mounted sockets on a 2k+ amp. Mine was one of the first revisions however, so it still had all the same cosmetics as the old Fame version, same piping, gem light, etc... They may have changed a lot with the newer versions with external bias adjustment.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
The lowend was a little odd for me too, had this chewy quality about it I didn't care for. I've heard it sound great in the right hands, just wasn't for me.

That WAS an interesting low end . . . I enjoyed the clip; probably too much gain for me. I'd love to try it, though.
A Laboga endorsee from the band Spoil Engine played at my town. There was something about it I just didn't like. He also recorded the samples.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
It sounds a bit fizzy to me tbh. If it's not that then there's definitely something else about it that's weird. :/
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
Sounds very distinctive, I quite like it. Slightly fizzy but when it sounds that brutal...
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
It has a really nasally midrange tone from Erocks clips. I prefer his clip of it to some of the others I've heard, they just sound terribly strange.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Erock503
yeah, I owned one for about a month actually. Too bad you didn't see the classifieds ad I had up, I tried to give a deal here selling it for $900 + shipping. Just a couple lowball offers, no real bites. I don't know if people didn't believe me that they listed for $2k+.

Very cool sounding amp, definitely had some traits of the Recto and JCM. Really liked how it had that rich harmonic content with the big chords. Had a lot of gain, but I didn't really like the voicing beyond 1:00, had a tendency to get buzzy. The lowend was a little odd for me too, had this chewy quality about it I didn't care for. I've heard it sound great in the right hands, just wasn't for me.

The clean channel sounded great for a high gainer. However, it only had a gain control for the clean channel with a bright switch, shared EQ. I didn't mind the shared EQ, but I never got a balance I really liked using the gain to try to match up the vol with the lead channel, at least without tapdancing for the Master 2 vol control. IMO, it really could have used a vol control in addition to the gain control for the clean channel. Was a great clean on it's own though, just didn't like it for channel switching.

One last thing that bugged me about that amp. I noticed when changing preamp tubes, the board really flexed a lot, which shouldn't be happening IMO. I would expect at least a well supported PCB, if not chassis mounted sockets on a 2k+ amp. Mine was one of the first revisions however, so it still had all the same cosmetics as the old Fame version, same piping, gem light, etc... They may have changed a lot with the newer versions with external bias adjustment.

The Labogas are made here, in Poland. Those things are handmade now, and all units are really different.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
Quote by Erock503

cheers for the heads up. the fame stuff is really top drawer for the cash. the make the best PRS copies under a grand.