Just spotted these bargains on the Sound Control site - cosmetically they're a complete match to the Epiphone series, but are they merely copies, or rebranded - and thus identical- amps? Either way, £199 is bloody unbelieveable for a 2x12, 30W valve combo with that level of features.

So I'm curious to hear from anyone who's bought or tried one, I wonder how they sound compared to their USA-built Epiphone counterparts...
^Is it like a Blues Custom clone or something? I thought that those were just designed in the US and made in China.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Same amp, but with a different badge. They are all made in China. Any opinion on an Epiphone Valve Series/So-Cal, can be pretty much regarded as an opinion on Graingers too.
^On that note I've heard they make decent amps. I almost bought a So-Cal half stack on MF when they were clearing them out because they were going for like $500 but they sold out before I got a chance to order.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by greggybhoy
Same amp, but with a different badge. They are all made in China. Any opinion on an Epiphone Valve Series/So-Cal, can be pretty much regarded as an opinion on Graingers too.

Thought so, though I suspected there may be cheaer components or whatever. Over in the UK the Epiphone BC is nearly £450 while the rebranded one is a mere £200 - just reminds you how much these things are marked up really...
greggybhoy
The Granger amp is built in Hueytown ,Alabama by my friend Curt Granger. Curt's amps have a much better tone than a valve jr or a Marshall. And the Chinese will never be able to do it like Granger.