Well, i figured you guys might be interested in seeing my saga kit come together so....yeah

Painting's done (i didn't do it, my dad's friend did, and for a price) and it's freaking amazing! i'm going to finish this thing up over the next couple of days/weeks, only cause of school. But i'm having fun
And i love it

PICS:

I'm not a fan of flames, but it looks as though he did a good job. Good luck with the rest of the build.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
you need to paint the front of that headstock

if you dont, i will be very upset haha

but it looks really good

Paint job is cool, but not on a LP, sorry but it just don't fit, you did a pretty good job anyway
The flames may of looked better going the other way, but either way nice job. Now you need to drill some speed holes make it go faster "random redneck joke about cars with flames making them look faster, and speed holes in the hood"
PLEASE, dont use the pickups and stuff that came with it!
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
nice.
yup, change out the tuners and pups (and maybe electronics) and it'll be fine.

How did he paint it? Airbrushing?
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.
well right now im kinda swamped, almost done tho
have a problem with the neck: when i screwed them in it created extra holes( actually it was my father that did it :P) well, i could just fill that in with wood filler or something, right......i hope so. so yeah
Quote by allstar340
its not airbrushed, he used car paints
im probably going to change out the pickups and stuff later on, but not right now
and no im not painting the headstock
thx for the comments

Hmmm...
Do you know what brands? Or could you somehow obtain detailed instructions? Because I was actually planning on buying the exact same guitar kit and letting my girlfriend custom paint it but I figured acrylics wouldn't really work.
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.
stock electronics that saga ships out are barely acceptable. some would say, their not acceptable. But for what it's worth - the tuners I got with my strat kit are 18:1 and hold tune pretty decently considering. But this may not be the case of all the tuners sent out.
STUFFZ:
SAGA ST10, IBANEZ(s): '96 ZR140BK (korea), '96 RX20 (indonesia)
Danelectro Cool Cat CC1 Chorus
Digitech Bad Monkey
Behringer BX1800A (180w 12" aluminum cone)
FOR SALE: Fender Champion 110 (25w RMS combo 10" with tank reverb)
Quote by mrbagrat
Hmmm...
Do you know what brands? Or could you somehow obtain detailed instructions? Because I was actually planning on buying the exact same guitar kit and letting my girlfriend custom paint it but I figured acrylics wouldn't really work.

well he works in an auto body shop, with high end equipment so i wouldn't expect you to be able to get the stuff he used. You can always use spray paint,but im no expert on this
Quote by allstar340
well he works in an auto body shop, with high end equipment so i wouldn't expect you to be able to get the stuff he used. You can always use spray paint,but im no expert on this

The stuff itself isn't really that expensive. It's the environment that is.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by TehNez
The stuff itself isn't really that expensive. It's the environment that is.

What do you mean by that? The spray equipment is most likely very expensive.
Quote by carousel182

i think he means that having the area and space to do the work is what's expensive. but the spray equipment is what i was talking about

and i still need help with mah neck, it moves up and down
Quote by carousel182

Professional spray gun: $200
A good air compressor: $600-800
Good paint such as Evercoat: About $50 a gallon, depending on what type of coat.

Paint booth: I've seen as little as 5 grand for a small, almost portable one. A good sized professional booth, for a whole car, would be anywhere from 20-40k, if not more. Then add things like fans and temperature controllers.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator