I am thinking about taking AP Composition and Literature next year. Has anybody taken it? How hard is it?
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
I'm in it right now, and it's a JOKE compared to AP History and Biology. But the work load is still pretty heavy.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
If you can write essays, go ahead and take it. If you absolutely can't stand essays, avoid it like AIDS.

I apologize beforehand if you've actually got AIDS.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
If you can write essays, go ahead and take it. If you absolutely can't stand essays, avoid it like AIDS.

I apologize beforehand if you've actually got AIDS.

No AIDS here. I think I should do alright seeing as how I am the only person who got an A on their Sophomore thesis in both of my teacher's classes.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
With my teacher, it's hell, she gives us a copious amounts of assignments without really teaching at all. She expects us to magically learn, but I've just learned how to BS even better and faster than before. I'm looking to just opting out of the test.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
Well then you should definitely take AP. My senior counselor tells me the colleges love it even if you get a C.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
If you like reading and writing, definitely take it.

I love both of those things to an obsessive extent, so I loved the course, though what really raised my experience to the next level was my teacher; she was outstanding. I got a 5 on the AP test without trying in the slightest, so I'd say it's pretty easy.
My God, it's full of stars!
take AP whatever you can, it looks really good on college apps, not as good as IB but it still helps a lot.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I'm in AP Lit and Comp. My teacher's a bit eccentric, so I don't think my experience is common. Overall, I'd say you're good to go as long as you are good with reading comprehension and writing essays on specific focuses of a book, such as "How does Thomas Hardy incorporate the use of fate in The Return of the Natives?"

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
im taking comp at the college right now, im failing miserably because i lack the notating skills.
everybody loves my stuff but i cant notate it

if you can do so you'll be ok
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Quote by fosho
im taking comp at the college right now, im failing miserably because i lack the notating skills.
everybody loves my stuff but i cant notate it

if you can do so you'll be ok

He is talking about English literature and composition (writing essays).

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Sounds like I will be taking it. From what I can tell the teacher is what makes the class. I had the teacher who will be teaching it for sophomore English, and he was the best teacher I have had in my life, a little crazy (gets to school at 4 a.m. and leaves at 8 p.m.), but still an amazing teacher. Thanks for the opinions.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Quote by Ironbodom
Sounds like I will be taking it. From what I can tell the teacher is what makes the class. I had the teacher who will be teaching it for sophomore English, and he was the best teacher I have had in my life, a little crazy (gets to school at 4 a.m. and leaves at 8 p.m.), but still an amazing teacher. Thanks for the opinions.

For English, definitely. It must take a good teacher to compel you to the stories and analysis.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I would suggest taking it. It's definitely one of the more challenging AP classes, at least in my school, but it's well worth it, and not too difficult. The workload isn't too bad, just be prepared to write several essays throughout the year.
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
Quote by Beware!Criminal
I would suggest taking it. It's definitely one of the more challenging AP classes, at least in my school, but it's well worth it, and not too difficult. The workload isn't too bad, just be prepared to write several essays throughout the year.

On that note, in general, what kinds of things are the essays about? Are they really dry, boring and linear, or do you get to have a little bit of freedom and go a little deeper than the basic essay.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Quote by Xiaoxi
He is talking about English literature and composition (writing essays).

uh....
yeah...i knew that?

Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Quote by Ironbodom
On that note, in general, what kinds of things are the essays about? Are they really dry, boring and linear, or do you get to have a little bit of freedom and go a little deeper than the basic essay.

Well, in my class, we do both timed writings and take-home essays. Some essays will have prompts, others will have prompts and sources, and some will require you to think of your own topic. Basically, you write all kinds of essays.

Don't get this confused with a creative writing class or anything. You will almost always be writing with a thesis and 2-4 supports.
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
Quote by Beware!Criminal
Well, in my class, we do both timed writings and take-home essays. Some essays will have prompts, others will have prompts and sources, and some will require you to think of your own topic. Basically, you write all kinds of essays.

Don't get this confused with a creative writing class or anything. You will almost always be writing with a thesis and 2-4 supports.

Ok, thanks.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Quote by Lgndkllr777
I'm in it right now, and it's a JOKE compared to AP History and Biology. But the work load is still pretty heavy.

I have an AP History test in 8 hours.

*shoots self*
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
at my highschool, that class involved writing a 40 or so page essay. Therefore i didnt take it. I would only take it if the college you plan to attend will give you credit for it.
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master