Shock horror, it's true! There is nothing wrong with the amp however. I think it's a great little amp, but although I am a bedroom musician 99% of the time, I would like something a bit louder to be able to get cleans at higher volumes, and if I want to push it into overdrive then I would just use the TS-9 I'm getting in the next couple of weeks. Also, my new Holy Grail pedal, rather than sucking tone, seems to be sucking some volume from my amp (although you could call that tone!) and 5 watts isn't loud enough to be able to withstand the volume loss if I'm playing clean. I don't really want to get rid of the pedal as it is pretty damn nice, too.

When I think about it, I bought the Little Giant halfstack on a whim, as although I was impressed by the tone, I didn't take into account the practicalities of owning a two piece amp setup, even at this size. Preferably I'd want something a little more portable, i.e. a combo. It will probably be suggestede that I just go for a Blackheart Handsome Devil combo, however, as much as I love the tone (very Marshall sounding FYI) I'm really not sure it's the exact tone I'm looking for. I would prefer a Fender style tone, and have been looking at the Pro Junior as a possible replacement if I do put the Blackheart on the market sometime soon.

This amp is even more stripped back than the Blackheart, but from the demos I have seen online it has just the tone I'm looking for and I'm keen on the stripped back ethos of this amp, and only plan to run two or three pedals into it (Reverb, OD, Delay).

I play a lot of different genres but I very often find myself playing blues based music so I know me and this setup would go together very well. My only major concern regarding this amp is that after reading some Harmony Central reviews, it was highlighted by a significant minority of people that there is a problem with a screw which buzzes and causes vibrations which loosen the tubes in the amp. Does anyone know if this is a problem that Fender have worked/are working on resolving?

I would really like this amp, and would like to know your opinion on it and if you think my head is screwed on right for wanting a new amp already. The Blackheart is superb but it's not my sound, neither was the Valve Junior and the Champ 600 was overall just too small. Out of interest, the guitars I will be using will be my Les Paul Junior and very soon either an Epi ES-135 or a Fender Telecaster.

Sorry for so much writing!
If you want to stick with small amps I would say the Orange Tiny Terror. However Combo wise its hard to say because beyond the small 6-8 inch 5 tube watts there is only bigger things. For great cleans and all I would say a Palomino V16 should work out fairly well.
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
Palominos aren't available in the UK. I'm really just interested in a Fender tube combo. The Orange is out of my price range, and in any case the tone would likely be more similar to the Blackheart. I hate having a tone crisis!
You said that you are interested in getting Fender Pro Junior. I recently got one of those myself around Christmas time. This amp is great. You can get some dirt out of it, but it's wonderful natural Fender tube dirt.
It only has a volume and a tone knob, so you don't have to worry about EQ settings or anything, you can just play. The amp will provide you with amazing tone. Not that you can't tweak with the tone. Because it's an analog tube amp, this amp is very responsive to your guitar and so that becomes a bigger factor in how you can change you tone.
You also said that you wanted a louder amp. The Pro Junior is only a fifteen watt amp. But damn is it loud. It goes to twelve, and at four picture frames are rattling. If you turn the volume knob down on your guitar though the volume can easily be controlled.
In addition to being portable and relatively light, I highly recommend this amp for blues, classic rock, country, jazz, and with a pedal you name it, even heavy metal.
Quote by sundaymeatnbun
You said that you are interested in getting Fender Pro Junior. I recently got one of those myself around Christmas time. This amp is great. You can get some dirt out of it, but it's wonderful natural Fender tube dirt.
It only has a volume and a tone knob, so you don't have to worry about EQ settings or anything, you can just play. The amp will provide you with amazing tone. Not that you can't tweak with the tone. Because it's an analog tube amp, this amp is very responsive to your guitar and so that becomes a bigger factor in how you can change you tone.
You also said that you wanted a louder amp. The Pro Junior is only a fifteen watt amp. But damn is it loud. It goes to twelve, and at four picture frames are rattling. If you turn the volume knob down on your guitar though the volume can easily be controlled.
In addition to being portable and relatively light, I highly recommend this amp for blues, classic rock, country, jazz, and with a pedal you name it, even heavy metal.

Sounds like you work for Fender! I pretty much know all the specs etc, but have you encountered the problem with the buzzing and loose tubes?
hm.. maybe its just the speakers in the blackheart? i tried out a valve jr once but i had it on top of an old marshall 4x12 (unsure of model). it was pretty loud and sounded huge.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
hm.. maybe its just the speakers in the blackheart? i tried out a valve jr once but i had it on top of an old marshall 4x12 (unsure of model). it was pretty loud and sounded huge.

Well it will sound a bit louder through a 4x12. I don't really need that size cabinet as I want something more portable. I need cleans at higher volumes too.
I can get a pretty loud clean on my blackheart just by rolling back the volume on my guitar on 5 watt mode on full blast. Is that not loud enough? I mean there is no way to get over a drummer but its pretty loud for a bedroom.

LOL @ your sig... I made the "I have a Blackheart" group before you changed you name to it.
The Pro Jr won't get you cleans at higher volumes, the Blues Jr might, but not at super high volumes, and the TT definately won't.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
The Pro Jr won't get you cleans at higher volumes, the Blues Jr might, but not at super high volumes, and the TT definately won't.

Yeah, I'm not really interested in the Tiny Terror. I could go for the Handsome Devil, which I think will wipe the floor with it at half the price. But what I want is a nice Fender or Fender style amp.

I would have thought you'd get more headroom out of a Pro Junior than my Blackheart. Either way, I think I like the sound of the overdrive from the PJ better.

Can any ne enlighten me on the rattling/loose tubes issue with the PJ any further. Obviously if I do take the plunge I will give the amp a go first to see how that is but is it still a common issue?
Well I've got both the Blackheart and Blues Jr (tried pro jr too) and the blues jr is a much more pristine clean amp, and stays relatively clean at high volumes too, compared to the pro jr I liked it much better.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I would try a bunch of things out and see what fits with what you have in mind. If you get a chance, I would try the Blackheart Handsome Devil combo, too, even though you aren't just looking for a bigger Little Giant. You should be able to pull out a larger number of sounds from the Handsome Devil than you can with the Little Giant, since the Handsome Devil has a wider control selection than just the volume and 3 eq that the Little Giant has.

If the Pro Junior does sound like what you want though, just try it out and see. I just wouldn't completely write off the Handsome Devil based on the Little Giant, since there is a bit more to it then just a scale up.