What do you guys think? My amp of course is vintage voiced but Im not looking for super brutal. Im hoping to get a good early Megadeth, Metallica sound. Id like better harmonics and tighter crunch. Ive been trying to decide on PUP's for a month. Im buying next Friday regardless so this is my last cry for opinions.
there really really good pups, there the only active pup ill even touch. what amp do you have first of all and what rg guitar do you have exactly again. if it has a floyd style trem, theres no point because there will be no wood left at the end beucase you have to make another cavaity for the pups.
Woot RG's! In fact, I'm starting the Ibanez RG club right now. You should join! As far as the Blackouts go, I haven't heard them in action before, but from the looks of their sponsorships, they seem pretty tight. Definitely attempt to try before you buy.

---------------------------
My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Dunlop Crybaby Original Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.
Done! Join if you want.

My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Dunlop Crybaby Original Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.
I tried the Blackouts in an all mahogany guitar and I thought they were killer. They have a much thicker, more natural, growling distortion, rather than the fuzzy kind you get with EMGs. They've also got a ****load more output than EMGs do, so they're great for driving the front end of your amp.
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

There supposedly really good pups but as far as sounding like Metallica, They use emg's for everything so it might be a hard tone to accomplish with out them...
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Mar 6, 2008,
I just want a thrash tone mostly. Not trying to sound like anyone but in that area yeah. I just hope it helps my tone out with the gear I have now. Im gonna install them myself.
Last edited by Titans36 at Mar 7, 2008,
Quote by IbanezPsycho
You can always go with the mustaine specials.. The Jazz and the JB...

Except Mustaine uses a signature set of... Dave... Mustaine... Livewires....
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by IbanezPsycho
There supposedly really good pups but as far as sounding like Metallica, They use emg's for everything so it might be a hard tone to accomplish with out them...

Wasn't alot of early metallica on passive pickups? Just mentioning cause TS said something about an early megadeth/metallica sound
metallica and megadeth both used emg's

metallica have always used emgs on their thrash stuff

james usually uses 81/60
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.