well do you want metal distortion or fuzz?
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by civildp1
well do you want metal distortion or fuzz?

which would go wel w/ zeppelin, vh, ac/dc, nirvana, alice in chains, pink floyd
Big Muff for that kind of stuff.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
the big muff will give you a good lead tone for those bands, and will do fine with nirvana but I've never been able to get a great classic rock rhythm sound from mine.

The metal muff is great for alice in chains but the big muff also works well.

In short, for classic rock: neither. For other things: I like the big muff better.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by civildp1
the big muff will give you a good lead tone for those bands, and will do fine with nirvana but I've never been able to get a great classic rock rhythm sound from mine.

The metal muff is great for alice in chains but the big muff also works well.

In short, for classic rock: neither. For other things: I like the big muff better.

would you recommend any other pedals?
Get an Ibanez tubescreamer. I have a ts5 tube screamer from the 70's. I named him FUZZ LIGHTYEAR. It is perfect for Mudhoney, Led Zeppelin, and Nirvana (from the bleach era)