I was watching this guitar video on Michael Angelo Batio (4th video down )

and i was thinking: this dude is considered to be like the fastest in the world, and after watching speed kills I have a lot of respect for him, but at the same time this video looks sort of like a joke (almost like a parody of a hair metal band).

what do people think of him and that 4 necked guitar?!

i way prefer tasteful modern rock (apc etc...)
He's talented alright, but a lot of his music is just flashiness for the sake of flashiness.

I'll talke Vai, Buckethead, Satch, or Malmsteen over MAB anyday.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Sorry to double post, but the fastest guy in the world is Jason Becker. The guy did sweeps using notes of 32 notes per second. Youtube him.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
i think that his guitar is stupid, theres no point in him having 4 necks, or to cross over, other than he just can, and you can't honestly tell me that you think that sounds good. even though he can play well, you still have to sound good to actually be good.
The guys got a lot of talent, but he probably didn't have any friends as a child, I guess you can spend to much time playing guitar. One thing that I have always thought though, is when you play that fast, you cant even really hear what is being played. I don't really here a melody it just sounds like al;dsfkasjd;ovkd;kklkvsdkfd;kdlfknv;ln;jdasdf a bunch of random crap.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Quote by fretsonfire74
i think that his guitar is stupid, theres no point in him having 4 necks, or to cross over, other than he just can, and you can't honestly tell me that you think that sounds good. even though he can play well, you still have to sound good to actually be good.

It was the 80's man. Over the top everything was what was cool.
Quote by SG Man Forever
Sorry to double post, but the fastest guy in the world is Jason Becker. The guy did sweeps using notes of 32 notes per second. Youtube him.

I think you'll find that there are faster guitarists.

There's a thread with a list of them at the top of this forum
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by RedSox_o4
The guys got a lot of talent, but he probably didn't have any friends as a child, I guess you can spend to much time playing guitar. One thing that I have always thought though, is when you play that fast, you cant even really hear what is being played. I don't really here a melody it just sounds like al;dsfkasjd;ovkd;kklkvsdkfd;kdlfknv;ln;jdasdf a bunch of random crap.

The only way you could hear melody with that kinda speed is just trem picking really fast and different notes in a nice melody. So pretty much just a melody but trem picking it. Otherwise its jusrt ZOMG :P
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
people act like it's some big secret or a new discovery that he does all that for show
there have been far more ridiculous showmen than him...& much less musically talented