wo-man, whoaaa man, WHOOOAAAAAAAAAAAA MAN!

srry i watched "So i Married an Axe Murderer" few nights ago LMAO

so anyways, i'm a big fan of the "woman" tone as made famous by Clapton and slash. but my problem is that i can't quite get it to sound as ....dirty? as slash's!

i use a G-400 so the pups are wired like an LP. i have the neck pup tone at 0 and the other at 10, and the selector in the middle. and it gets bluesy....but not like slashs', not quite.

i really love the "Get in the Ring" beginning solo sound, you can really hear the raunchiness in the distortion. it almost sounds like there's slight fuzz going on, but i know slash doesn't use any fuzz. i don't have a JCM 800 or a Jubilee and i'm not going to anytime soon. i usually keep my mids higher than my highs but i can't quite get how he acheives that fuzzy type woman tone, November rain-esque. you can tell when he switches to the treble pickup it's soooo full of rich harmonics....maybe i just need an EQ pedal?

that and how he manages to achieve some of his feedback manipulations astounds me....he really makes it sing (You could be mine is first that comes to mind).

thanx for help!!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
You are just supposed to use the neck with the tone on 0 and volume on 10.
hmm i thought it was combining bridge and neck i guess i was misinformed. well i've done the neck pup at zero also and it almost takes away any bite from it. almost makes it too muddy...

i guess that's where amp EQing comes in!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
get a better feel of your guitar,
pretty much anything can achieve this tone, it's all in the emotions you send out to your bends and vibratos.
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
Don't turn your neck's tone to 0, that'll just mud the sound up. If anything you should turn the tone up and the bridge's down.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30