Well, from my sh*tty SG at least...

Anyway I was just at Guitar Center, today, and I have my eye on one of these 3 guitars, some of the models I dunno.

There's a black Ibanez ($300), but what shredder DOESN'T have a black Ibanez? It seems too generic...

Then a red Ibanez RG ($350), pretty sick.

Finally a Schecter (C-1 Hellraiser I believe, $700 but don't have to pay for a full year)
Thing is, I hear it runs on a battery??

And another thing... how long does it usually take to apply for a Guitar Center card? A few minutes hopefully?
I'm not 18 btw so I can't do that...
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
On that guitar center card, you dont have to pay for a year, but who know how much interest is on that.
I would go with the Shecter
Quote by killbox2490
HOLY S**T! There is a switch hahahahahha. Thanks Red Wing. Now you're probably going to quote me for being so retarded

CLAPTON IS GOD
Jake: Oh... interest...

Yeah, I think I'll just save up then.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
bear in mind that the G-400 is miles ahead of the 310....you can actually shred on it. NOT meant for shredders, but if you bring in the occasional shredding or just solo fast and high up the neck, while still doing a lotta hard rock riffin, the G-400 works wonders.

besides, i wouldn't consider the 310 a real SG: it's a bolt on neck...defeating any ability to reach upper frets with ease.

that's just for your info so you don't assume ALL SGs are junk.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
^Well I know that of course. The G-310 of course is much less of a G-400.
But I was thinking about moving out of Epiphone and picking up guitars more designed for shredding, Ibanez for sure.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
hmmm schecter seemed good, i owned one for a lil while. but traded it in for gear after realizing having TWO double humbucker guitars was a lil redundant....unless you actually have the money to blow on hardly-ever-using gear.

but seeing how i don't primarily shred, i will step down from advice giving for the most part lol!!!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Ibanez necks are sweet... AND they are great guitars to mod...

The Schecter Hellraiser is also pretty gnarly... It has the EMG 81/85 combo in it I believe(which are active pickups, hence the need for a battery), but I could be wrong about the 85. I've played it several times at GC and it's a killer axe as well... Would have bought it if it wasn't for my 81/85 LP.... Try them out and see what you like... The Ibanez would be my choice however, and then I'd replace the pickups with what you prefer...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by md41

There's a black Ibanez ($300), but what shredder DOESN'T have a black Ibanez? It seems too generic...

I don't, I have a red and a black Jackson kelly, I love them both, give them a try.
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!