Does anyone here have any personal experience with ACID. Its sold in some of the local software stores and Sony is a reliable company, so I had been looking at purchasing it.

I was curious in particular about its functionality as
a) a looping softare to play along with(Sort of a substitute a drum machine)
b) a software to make home recordings of decent quality.

any advice on how ACID would work for me?

thanks for any help
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
Ive been using it for years. Its just really easy to use. I can create new songs or remixes in minutes using the looping and drums stuff. And I use it for multi tracking all my songs, its not the best, but really easy to use.
ACID is probably the most intuitive and fun to use looping software out there. If you're recording instruments or adding MIDI, there are better choices, but if you're arranging loops, it's ideal. Heck, it works quite well with video too.
Nah, never tried acid. I herd it gives a bad trip...

seriously,
Acid pro was the first sequencing software i worked on. Its a descent software and does everything pretty well.
But i'll say Cubase is a better option to go with. Though harder to get around then Acid.

And if you want some looping software to play along live, then look into Ableton Live.
Its like what most artists use for live shows.
Listen to any of my music in my profile. Every song there was done through Acid Pro.

Might not be your type of music, but Acid is easy to use and works well enough for me.
Quote by af_the_fragile
Nah, never tried acid. I herd it gives a bad trip...

seriously,
Acid pro was the first sequencing software i worked on. Its a descent software and does everything pretty well.
But i'll say Cubase is a better option to go with. Though harder to get around then Acid.

And if you want some looping software to play along live, then look into Ableton Live.
Its like what most artists use for live shows.

I don't plan on playing live with the software. Is cubase good for recording, looping, or both? Also what's the price in comparison to ACID?
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.