I just got the pedal a few weeks ago. I can't seem to dial in a good setting for it. Right now i got treb at 9:00 and the mid/bass at 12:00. This sound alright but not there yet. I hate turning up the treb because you hear a hiss the more it goes up. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. It's a great pedal and has a lot of potential i just can't seem to control it.
I know how you feel man. I've heard great line 6 spider III tones before but I can't seem to get mine set right. Especially understand about the treble thing. It's hard figuring out your perfect sound.
Try turning your treble up to around 3 o clock, then messing around with the other two to eliminate the unpleasant sound. Once you've got the hang of making the treble sound pleasant then you're well on your way to getting a good sound out of it.
It took me a while to work out what sounded good on mine, but now that I have I LOVE my tone.
Gear List:
B.C. Rich NT Jr. V (With Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackout in bridge)
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables
Yeah once you get it right youre gonna love it. I keep my treb around 10oclock and the mid/bass around 12, it varies depending on what I feel about the tone.
Quote by Glimsom
Well, there was that horrible accident with Metallica, where the entire band had their Metal amputated. =P
Another thing to bear in mind is that what sounds good at one volume doesn't necessarily sound good at another. I keep my Metal Muff's volume between 8 o clock and 9 o clock, then use the amp to increase volume.
Gear List:
B.C. Rich NT Jr. V (With Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackout in bridge)
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables
Level out your eq, then **** around.

Try diming your bass, then adding about 3/4 treble, and keep your mid level.
Try this:

Treble at 3 o'clock

Mids all the way up

Bass all the way up

Distortion = wherever you want it.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Okay i found what was wrong, the batteries were dieing on me and creating a dead tone. I plugged it into a power adapter and it sounds so amazing and rich. I never expected the batteries were the problem considering i just got it and i always unplug everything when i'm not playing. Anyone know how long batteries last in this pedal, seems like they get sucked dry quicker than... ... well you know...