oh, and are bigsbys pretty much as effective as....like.....a fender Trem?
!GEAR!

Epiphone '07 Faded Cherry G-400
Martin 00CXRAE Grand Concert
Spider III 75 watt
Fender Premium Celluloid Mediums
Dunlop Slash Crybaby Wah
Last edited by KOTAZ at Mar 7, 2008,
like....how easy could it be?
!GEAR!

Spider III 75 watt
Dunlop Slash Crybaby Wah
i don't know how easy it is but its do able travis stever of coheed and cambria has been playing an sg like that recently
Just because I play the drums doesn't mean I suck at guitar, or ams that I's iz stoopidz.

Space that ain't yours
You know you can edit posts right? Get locking tuners(ie sperzels) and any trem will be good, provided you want to go to the work of putting it in. main downside about trems is guitar going out if tune, but if the tuners are good, it should be ok. if you want to put a Bigsby and new tuners on an epiphone, go ahead, but I wouldn't. I'd get a tremolo pedal. It can be used with any guitar, doesnt require modding the guitar body, wont put guitar out of tune and works just as well, or better, than any trem.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
yes smart***, i just now figured that out and fixed it.....

is there not a trem system i can just....idk.....bolt on, and go at it?

like....a decent trem system....
!GEAR!

Spider III 75 watt
Dunlop Slash Crybaby Wah
Quote by KOTAZ
yes smart***, i just now figured that out and fixed it.....

is there not a trem system i can just....idk.....bolt on, and go at it?

like....a decent trem system....

As a matter of fact there is

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar_tremolos/Les_Trem_Stop-Tailpiece_Tremolos.html

I'd recommend some locking tuners with that as well
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
you can put on the bigsby no problem. you just need to drill the holes to screw down the tremolo. you need the B-5 model, which is made for solid body flat top guitars. if your string height is higher than it was before, take it to a pro shop go get the neck shimmed cause you need to change the neck angle slightly. i did it to my telecaster

EDIT: a bigsby is cheaper than that ^
Gear:
Fender Telecaster w/ Vintage Noiseless Pickup
Epi Les Paul SH-2/SH-11
Fender Blues Jr.

Fender Jazz Bass w/ Badass II Bridge & Custom Shop '69 Pickups
Fender P-Bass w/ Basslines 1/4lb. pickup
Ibanez GSR200
Fender Bassman 150
Quote by IncendiumMortem
you can put on the bigsby no problem. you just need to drill the holes to screw down the tremolo. you need the B-5 model, which is made for solid body flat top guitars. if your string height is higher than it was before, take it to a pro shop go get the neck shimmed cause you need to change the neck angle slightly. i did it to my telecaster

EDIT: a bigsby is cheaper than that ^

Probably, but it'll require a little less work.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
thanks for the advice guys, lotta help!
!GEAR!

Spider III 75 watt
Dunlop Slash Crybaby Wah
Quote by KOTAZ
thanks for the advice guys, lotta help!

Post pics if and when you finish
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
im gonna try....i really like the vintage look of my SG, and i was thinking that a Bigsby tailpeice would look pretty kickass...

i know...its an epi..... but my parents go it for me.....and im gonna make it as good as itll get, b/c im never selling it.....

im only 13 BTW, i dont see why people think us younger people dont know anything about guitars....hell....

Page ORIGINALLY played a Gibson Black Beauty, but it got stolen....sadly....

hence, he bought a (i think, not sure what kind of burst) Sunburst Les Paul.....

and for certain songs he used a black guitar (in which i cant think of the name at the time), that had 2 sigle coil pickups.....not like a strats, but they were blade shappish....

and of course, the Gibson 1275 VOS Double Neck for stairway......

NEVER underestimate the power of youth.....
!GEAR!

Spider III 75 watt
Dunlop Slash Crybaby Wah
Quote by KOTAZ
im gonna try....i really like the vintage look of my SG, and i was thinking that a Bigsby tailpeice would look pretty kickass...

you want it just for looks?
oh, HELL NO!

i really want it for my kickass solos, but since bisbys are pretty much as good or better than most, why look like the rest of thses people with thier "Floyd-Rose"s.......when i can look VINTAGE, and have a bigsby....
!GEAR!

Spider III 75 watt
Dunlop Slash Crybaby Wah
Learn to make thread titles please. And "the Pit" is not really the right forum for this. And if you really want to use it a lot, i'd still get a O. Floyd Rose, but that might just be me.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
we have forums for the discussion of guitars, and even a specific one for customising guitars. go ask there please, the pit is not the place for it.
from daylight...
...into darkness