I'm sure most people here know Val Kilmer is a fabulous actor, but did you also know he is a superlative singer-songwriter? Val's music (written with his writing partner Mick Rossi) is excellent, and deserves to be heard, so I hope you might be interested in helping me promote it. The proceeds from the sale of the CDs have been going to Val's charities.

As well as being a fabulous actor and musician, Val Kilmer is also one of the kindest, most generous, and friendliest souls in the world, and although we've not actually met, we've become good friends online and he has been personally kind to me in various ways.

I am not only a fan of Val's, but I am also one of his worldwide Street Team members, and he has asked fans to spread the word in the media that he is working on releasing his debut album and has announcements on his Official MySpaces...

http://www.myspace.com/valekilmer

http://www.myspace.com/valekilmermusic

One such cause that Val has raised money for at these events is for the families of police officers who were killed in the September 11th 2001 disaster. Val is also committed to helping the Wildlife Centre through proceeds of his music.

Also, Val is a committed member of the V-Day organisation which seeks ways to end the violence against women and girls that pervades our society.

At these and other related events, Val Kilmer's book of original poetry Jack's Gandhi were also sold for charity, and limited copies of both the CD and book are still available from Val's music store on his official website.

http://www.valkilmer.com/music.html

Here is a recent bulletin Val sent his fans:

*Sorry about the message being in ALL CAPS, that's how I received the message.

****THANKS ALL YOU ROCKERS OUT THERE. MICK AND I ARE REALLY PROUD YOU ALL ARE GETTING SOMETHING OUT OF OUR STUFF. HOPE TO GET SOME MORE OUT TO YOU SOON. MICK ROSSI IS ALSO A SCREEN WRITER AND ACTOR AS WELL AND JUST FINISHED STARRING IN HIS LATEST SCREENPLAY CALLED "222".

STAY TUNED.... VAL****

Cheers, Mikey
the second link doesn't work, but the first one shows some of his music, which I enjoy quite a bit
Oppression, quiet and Repressed
Swept under the seams
the bed of the acquiesced
where we sleep, insomniac dreams
Thanks Revan1013

Val's music is awesome, isn't it! True Friend is my favourite. It's such a beautiful song, as are Christmas Is Calling and All Children Are Beautiful.

Val even gave me permission to have a friend of mine who operates a radio station online to use his Christmas song for his Christmas broadcast.

Sorry about the link that doesn't work, I must have made some sort of error. I'll try and fix it once I figure out what I did wrong.

Cheers, Mikey
man, that is pretty cool, I actually liked the music, it's always surprising when you find out actors make music, Viggo Mortensen and Zooey Deschanel are both musicians as well.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Pleased a lot of the money goes to charity, it's good to see someone who doesn't need it acknowledging that fact and using their position to help others. As for the music, I don't personally think I'd listen to it that much but it's alright.