Page 1 of 2
Ok, this is the scene. My apologies to those who already know this. 3 years back, i smoked weed and things have never been the same. I got a condition called derealization due to which my entire life is in a dream state. I cannot function normally and everything i do just happens purely by instinct or reflex. Like driving a car, talking sense etc, i can put no thought in it it just happens.

There is no cure for this and i cant believe i have to suffer lifelong just because i smoked weed once. But the good part is, if you try hard not to think that you have this condition, things ease up a bit. Worrying about it only makes it much worse.

So here is the question, do you think it is possible to go in for some type of memory erasing procedure whereby i can just remove that particular smoking incident. Is it logical or even possible?
ITS NOT RAPE ITS SURPRISE SEX!!
Club Member #4
PM me or jay2k2jay to join
I've had this before...
I smoked weed then for like 2 weeks after it was dreamland for me.
I just focused on everything and about another week later I was able to think.
Quote by Magero
I've had this before...
I smoked weed then for like 2 weeks after it was dreamland for me.
I just focused on everything and about another week later I was able to think.

dude.. I just cannot get that feeling out of my head..

do tell me how you managed
Club Member #4
holy ****
My Gear
Ibanez GSZ 120
Aria Pro II SL
Starfire Mega 10
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall MG100 DFX
yerp u experienced a "burnout"
or at least i did
happened to me once...give it time

edit: 3 years??? sorry dude ur on your own
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
I'd seek the advice of a counsellor or doctor or some professional because that sounds pretty serious..
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
I have got to get some of that weed.

How can you write this thread by instinct?
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by petrina_678
are you going for therapy ?

Quote by estranged_g_n_r
I'd seek the advice of a counsellor or doctor or some professional because that sounds pretty serious..

I am going to a psychiatrist and a psychologist (for depression). they absolutely refuse to address the issue. I finally forced my psychologist to give me an answer on the question and all she had to say was 'well, you got to deal with it. I'm sorry'.
Club Member #4
Well first of all I don't have to cope with what you do. But really the advice I have to give is just that you either live life as it comes at you, and as your psychologist said, "deal with it," or you turn your back and start to wither away. Getting that memory erased would be turning your back. If you're able to face this problem, and live a functional live in spite of it, you've in reality accomplished more than a lot of people who have much lesser problems but decide they don't want to deal with them.

And BTW after reading a little of the wiki, I have experienced this. It wasn't drug induced though. It sucked but it left in about a month for me. I would say that if you could overcome it, you'd grow into a very very strong person.
We're only strays.
Last edited by Martyr's Prayer at Mar 7, 2008,
If you can erase the memory and simply be rid of it, then it's all in your head and there really isn't a logical reason for this to exist.

It's like this pain I get in my head. I only feel it when I think about it. It was so unbearable the first few days I had it. I thought it was a migraine, but after a week or two it was still there. Eventually it slipped my mind and I was able to operate completely normal. But every now and then it comes back (right now, for example) because I think of it. Though I'm usually able to shrug it off real quick.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Well first of all I don't have to cope with what you do. But really the advice I have to give is just that you either live life as it comes at you, and as your psychologist said, "deal with it," or you turn your back and start to wither away. Getting that memory erased would be turning your back. If you're able to face this problem, and live a functional live in spite of it, you've in reality accomplished more than a lot of people who have much lesser problems but decide they don't want to deal with them.

And BTW after reading a little of the wiki, I have experienced this. It wasn't drug induced though. It sucked but it left in about a month for me. I would say that if you could overcome it, you'd grow into a very very strong person.

Functional life. I think i can safely say I do lead a normal life to a person viewing me from the outside. Since it difficult to explain this condition I keep it to myself because my close friend was like ' Derealization? what crap, you look normal to me'. That in itself indicates some strength seeing that at least people cant guess I'm not entirely normal.

I am going for yoga classes which deals with mind control, and I do hope it works out
Club Member #4
Its all placebo man. You said it yourself. Besides, marijuana wont cause anything like that. Plus, how are you writing this thread by instinct, and how are you coming up with a plan to get rid of this issue? Thinking for yourself and doing something by instinct isnt possible. So you disproved what you were claiming to have.
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
Quote by classical_metal
Functional life. I think i can safely say I do lead a normal life to a person viewing me from the outside. Since it difficult to explain this condition I keep it to myself because my close friend was like ' Derealization? what crap, you look normal to me'. That in itself indicates some strength seeing that at least people cant guess I'm not entirely normal.

I am going for yoga classes which deals with mind control, and I do hope it works out

I would also change your diet drastically. Eat as healthy as possible. Not like weight loss healthy, but just healthy. Fresh foods, balance your diet better, cut way back on sugar and sodium, drink lots and lots of water. Its worth a try, it could make a real difference.
We're only strays.
Quote by Archaon
If you can erase the memory and simply be rid of it, then it's all in your head and there really isn't a logical reason for this to exist.

It's like this pain I get in my head. I only feel it when I think about it. It was so unbearable the first few days I had it. I thought it was a migraine, but after a week or two it was still there. Eventually it slipped my mind and I was able to operate completely normal. But every now and then it comes back (right now, for example) because I think of it. Though I'm usually able to shrug it off real quick.

You do make a lot sense, though I do sincerely hope there is a solution to this. I will definitely take up these points in my next session with the psychologist.
Club Member #4
Last edited by classical_metal at Mar 7, 2008,
Yoga, meditation, exercise in general and a healthy diet should do the trick
That must have been some pretty strong weed :P
Quote by rabidguitarist
Please don't ruin this thread. Transvestitism is serious business.
You have a misunderstanding of what hypnosis does.

Hypnosis relies purely on the suggestablity of the person it's being used on and the convincingness of the person performing it.

You can't actually erase someones memory using hypnosis. You can convince that person that they can't remember something for a while, like their name. But really all it does is make them feel as though they can't physically say it.
Quote by Ehh
Its all placebo man. You said it yourself. Besides, marijuana wont cause anything like that. Plus, how are you writing this thread by instinct, and how are you coming up with a plan to get rid of this issue? Thinking for yourself and doing something by instinct isnt possible. So you disproved what you were claiming to have.

plus one

You smoked weed once, three years ago, and you're still messed up from it? Not possible. Unless what you were smoking wasn't weed at all.
hug your local pug dealer!
Good luck with everything, but I'm gonna have to say you probably weren't smoking just weed.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
call loveline on sunday night. Dr. Drew will be able to give you some sort of answer.
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
Quote by classical_metal
You do make a lot sense, though I do sincerely hope there is a solution to this. I will definitely take up these points in my next session with the psychologist.

Hope everything works out for the best, bro.
Quote by Ehh

I doubt he's faking it. That's fairly rude of you to even suggest that.
Dude, are you sleeping well? I had a similar although probably not so serious problem that I'm just now getting over after a year. Problem was, I wasn't sleeping worth a damn at night, and I didn't even realize it. I'd lay down and would go through the motions of sleep, but I wouldn't go into deep sleep, it was like I was mostly conscious all night. The end result was feeling as if I just pulled an all-nighter, for about a month straight. I just couldn't think straight, couldn't get anything done at work, had a horrible memory, etc. I'm a professional programmer, and I couldn't get anything done at work at all. It just happened one day and I've been like that ever since.

So basically, I would say take a long look at your sleeping habits, how you feel in the mornings, etc. Are you remembering your dreams at night? I didn't dream for months. Just pay attention to how long it takes you go to go sleep, how many times you wake up at night, how you feel in the morning (refreshed, or feel like you just got hit by a truck), things like that. You could very well have a sleep disorder, which was in fact mentioned on that Wiki article you posted. If you are tired and feel very groggy in the mornings, I would suggest that you go to a sleep lab and have them do a sleep study on you.

In the past year I have been diagnosed with brain cancer, severe allergies, mold in my house, severe anxiety, been told my testicles were dying, all kinds of crazy mess, when in reality I just can't fall to sleep very well, which may be partially due to one of these other things, but obviously not ALL of them, even though every doctor was adamant about the correctness of their diagnosis.
Last edited by corndogggy at Mar 7, 2008,
I can't believe I'm reading this. I think I may have the same thing.

(except mine has nothing to do with drugs, lol)

I want you to PM me and tell me EXACTLY what you feel and don't leave out any details, no matter how minor they are.

Mine is getting a lot better and I think the underlying cause is me overthinking and overanalyzing every aspect of it.

I can't wait to hear back from you, I want to see if I can help.
Do you see this? Now 20 people think they have it. I never said he did or didnt have it. I was only giving out more information so you wouldnt go bias about his situation, and you did.
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
If one more person says
"But if it's instinct, how are you writing this?"
I'm going to stab someone.

What he's trying to point out is that all of it feels like instinct. Even though he IS making conscious decisions, they are being buried in his subconcious so it feels like it's all instinct. It's the ultimate feeling of being a puppet on a string. And I'm really sorry man, but I don't really know how I came out of it...I just kinda...did....
I want that weed you smoked.
Bishop of Zeppelinism PM The Heartbreaker to join.

Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
crazy, man. unfortunately, i have nothing to contribute to this conversation other than saying that i hope you're feeling yourself again soon.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
dude take a cold shower, trust me if u dont feel alive after a cold shower ur a freak
Dude, the mere thought of psychological disorders creep me out. Not being able to control your own mind... I can't even imagine it. I feel very sympathetic for you, and I wish I could help you in some way, but this is the reason I've never touched drugs or alcohol. I like my brain the way it is.

Good luck
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by rizo299
You have a misunderstanding of what hypnosis does.

Hypnosis relies purely on the suggestablity of the person it's being used on and the convincingness of the person performing it.

You can't actually erase someones memory using hypnosis. You can convince that person that they can't remember something for a while, like their name. But really all it does is make them feel as though they can't physically say it.

hmmm... so even if i get hypnotherapy done it will not 'erase' that incident. But my friend says it will help me to get past it and move on. I can only speculate what that means. I'm not too sure how it all works
Club Member #4
Quote by Ehh

hehe dude, I've been around on UG for a while, the last thing i need is sympathy or attention. While people have brought up the point that I may be making it worse than it is by paying too much heed to it(which could very well be true), I can assure you that I am not faking it to get attention.
Club Member #4
Page 1 of 2