Pinch Harmonics
12/8 timing
7/8 timing
Lamb of God
Rise Against
Regina Spektor
Dream Theater
and many others...
lol okay then whats the best guitar for metal?
Gear

Bc Rich Warlock

Fender Stratocaster

Marshall VS100R

Laney Linebacker

Digitech Death Metal Pedal
Quote by nick_b
no question. the jem. end of story

You mean a normal RG with some Dimarzio pickups and a stupid hole cut in it designed for shred lead work and costing about 3 times more than it's worth?

No.

There's no such thing as a 'best' Ibanez guitar, as they vary so much in style and the types of neck they have. It's all preference.
rr1. im just joking i know thats a jackson. I'd say prestige anything as long as it doesn't have an edge 3 or its a gio
This thread is full of fail.

TS asks a question which is impossible to answer.
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
i have an ibanez rg2 and i love it. the neck is fast and it feels fantastic.

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.

Quote by DkassBTU
fly ass ******s wearin my hat

hahahahaha
Quote by dzaerpoor
jem has cool fretboard =) and the whole of coarse. dont forget about the whole

Yeah, both of those are really useful. About as useful as a chocolate fucking fire door.
Quote by webbtje
Yeah, both of those are really useful. About as useful as a chocolate fucking fire door.

but d00d teh cool fretbord helpz to make metal soundz no?
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by webbtje

I would say more of a painted on fire door...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by webbtje
You mean a normal RG with some Dimarzio pickups and a stupid hole cut in it designed for shred lead work and costing about 3 times more than it's worth?

No.

There's no such thing as a 'best' Ibanez guitar, as they vary so much in style and the types of neck they have. It's all preference.

The white JEM is alder though... good luck finding a normal alder RG that's not custom made.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Szandor LaVey
lol okay then whats the best guitar for metal?

IMO Schecter Hellraiser.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
It's all personal opinion. Some people might not want Floyd Roses, some want 7 strings, and plus not every Ibanez is a metal guitar, ect.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
ive owned 6 ibanez's and ive always had to get fretwork done and put new pickups in them. So this time I went with schecter. Don't have to do fretwork... the most amazing pickups ive heard. And just an all in all better quality guitar. Ibanez's quality has really went down over the years.
Quote by webbtje
Looks like you're blind.

Quote by which ones pink
That depends on your budget, what kind of metal, what amp you have, and personal preference.

agreed.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by webbtje

No.

pssh.
I'd say a JEM is worht 1500.
Not 2k, but 1500.
Thinka bout it, its slightly better than the high end RG prestiege, so the guitar itself is worth about 1000-1100
Lets say, 100 for the monkey grip.
Upgrading to those electronics is about 300.
and then the neck inlay is prolly, 75-100.

Its really not as overpriced as everyone makes it out to be.

Oh yeah, the JEM would be a horrible choice for metal.

Look into some Schecters and LTD's. They come stock with EMG's.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Last edited by kool98769 at Mar 9, 2008,
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I have a question too...

What's the best thing in the known universe? Because I wanna get it whatever it is....
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by Kirk_Hammett000
The Herman Li Signiutre series.

herman Li is liek soo metal.

He's right. Not saying that Herman is the best guitarist...by far he isnt...but I'm just saying that to me it looks like a great guitar. Saving up for one right now actually, or a Dimebag Culprit if I can find one...
Fender American Telecaster (60th Anniversary)
Egnater Rebel 30 Head/Cab
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
Quote by Reildeal

What's the best thing in the known universe? Because I wanna get it whatever it is....

marshall mg100DFX HALF STACK!!! 100 WATTS OF PURE TONE!!! i tried one of these yesterday, honestly, so amazing...
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
^^^ hahaha

I'm on it... Gonna get 5 of them and line them up on full stacks against my wall, crank them to 10 and soak in that rich brutal tone....

then I can die a happy man
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by danyellenik
marshall mg100DFX HALF STACK!!! 100 WATTS OF PURE TONE!!! i tried one of these yesterday, honestly, so amazing...

are you kidding me?!?!
Quote by acdcrocks0323
I love how people bump old threads.

isn't it great?
THe best ibanez is the one on my sig. Owns the jem

Mahogany body, five piece neck, NECKTHROUGH (wiz II), (check both links in one of them you can see the back.), gotoh mini 510 tuners, OFR, and straplocks. Best Ibanez ever.
Quote by Reildeal

winger? slavery's been outlawed, though, so you've got that whole legal and ethical dilemma thing to contend with...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Old thread but i just upgraded (IMHO) to a Ibanez Darkstone DN500 and for playing the kind of stuff i am into it is awsome (if not a little heavy after a while)

Its all personal choice so all i can say is moving from my Jackson to this Ibanez was a step up

Befrore i uleash the hate of Jackson lovers my Jackson was £300 when new and my Darkstone was £725 after some discussions
Kit (So far)
Ibanez Darkstone DN500
Marshall JMD50
Line 6 Spider IV (retired)
Please don't bump retarded 2 year old threads.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
FYI, the only reason for the bump was that it was about 3rd in the google list when you stick in "good rock guitar" saved starting a new thread with an identical subject but more up to date kit
Kit (So far)
Ibanez Darkstone DN500
Marshall JMD50
Line 6 Spider IV (retired)
Team J Craft is their japanese custom shop. Ive got a TJC Prestige 2570vdg and It's one amazing playing and sounding I've ever owned! some great case candy also!