Quote by CobenBlack
Im always reading things like, this old band auditioned new members, and has settles on this drummer or something. And velvet revolver auditioned for scott weiland, and all this jazz ya know.

so where do they advertise for new members?
Advertise? lol no.

It's all word of mouth and agents.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I think what you read is that when they weren't big and famous they did that. Think, Jesus.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

I think OP wants to try out for some big bands lol.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by Child In Time
I think what you read is that when they weren't big and famous they did that. Think, Jesus.

what do u mean think, jesus? velvet revolver held open auditions. so why dont the rest? ozzy did when jake e lee got in, and when wylde took over. and ozzy is about as famous a metal guy as they come.

edit: and for randy rhoads
Open auditions doesn't mean they put a paper with tear off numbers up at Guitar Center. They let their label know, who calls agents. Rarely do randoms, with no industry connections, get into a known band unless they are friends with one of the other members.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
If you honestly think you're going to get into a big band just like that, you seriouskly have no concept of reality.

Didn't you think that when Tim Skold left Marilyn Manson that I wanted to pounce on that guitarist place like Yngwie Malmsteen to a Dunkin' Donuts stand? Of course.

Dream on, kiddo- it's not going to happen.
Quote by Aidy Damage
If you honestly think you're going to get into a big band just like that, you seriouskly have no concept of reality.

Didn't you think that when Tim Skold left Marilyn Manson that I wanted to pounce on that guitarist place like Yngwie Malmsteen to a Dunkin' Donuts stand? Of course.

Dream on, kiddo- it's not going to happen.

But dude I was totally on CraigsList yesterday and saw Pantera is looking for a new guitarist. I called the number, but they laughed at me.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by i have to pee
But dude I was totally on CraigsList yesterday and saw Pantera is looking for a new guitarist. I called the number, but they laughed at me.

Now I have to pee! Bravo.
It is a bad thing because you're a noob. Veteran bands do not want some unexperienced kid joining their band.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I know that Disturbed put up audition information on their website when Fuzz left, and I saw an ad in Kerrang UK magazine from American Head Charge looking for a new bassist.

Open auditions do happen, just not often.

Just when no respected musicians will play in your band. Example: Disturbed...
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by Deliriumbassist
You'll find John Moyer was a very well respected bassist in his scene before joining Disturbed.

And now I am sure he as lost all that respect.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by i have to pee
It is a bad thing because you're a noob. Veteran bands do not want some unexperienced kid joining their band.

what a stupid comment. ive already said that its not that i want to join i was curios. and as well as that, how do you know im a noob? have you ever seen anything ive ever done? i could be the best guitarist in the world, or i could be the worst, and straight away you think you know.

as it is, im neither, im average, and not good enough to get into any of the bands that id want to play in. but by the same token, thats not why i asked.