i want to play sweet child o mine by guns and roses and ive learnt the intro but can't find the effect in the intro.i don't wannta' move on to the next part of the song till i have the effects.

so what effect should i get.
There are no effects!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
uhh mabye some reverb or echo or mabye both....
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
Because I don't rock like Jack.
There is a wah wah in the solo but besides that I don't think there are any other effects in the song.
Quote by KileManA7X
There is a wah wah in the solo but besides that I don't think there are any other effects in the song.

yup. Its quite subtle tho, easy to miss.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Just use the distortion on your amp. Turn it up to about 8. Turn up the low and high to 10, and cut the mids to about 7-8. If you have a reverb knob, turn it to about 2-3.
Also add a bit of phaser.

Set your guitar to the neck pickup and turn the tone knob about to 8.

This is what I do and it sounds pretty darn close.
Quote by Souls United
Just use the distortion on your amp. Turn it up to about 8. Turn up the low and high to 10, and cut the mids to about 7-8. If you have a reverb knob, turn it to about 2-3.

Ignore this man! turn everything to 11!
Quote by kyrreca
You could get $1000 custom made pickups hand wired with Eric Johnsons pubic hair, and they'd still sound pretty bad through a ****ty solid state practice amp.

Quote by Geetar_Axel
Really? I thought Frontmans where highly respected around here?!
Quote by Walternativo
yup. Its quite subtle tho, easy to miss.

don't think the wah is very subtle..........anyway if you're looking for a good distortion pedal for that marshall tone, check out the landmine ld-1.....i just got it and it's pretty good
The original recording was just a neck humbucker, tone rolled off to about half way, a DELAY pedal, and a wah wah. There is no phaser but if you like the sound of one go for it.
You need a Gibson Les Paul, that's gonna run you about $2000-$3000
and you need a Marshall JCM 900, that's gonna be about another $2000
and oh yeah, THE HANDS OF SLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Na dude, seriously, some decent humbuckers and a decent amp, dial back your tone a bit and screw with your eq, it's in there somewhere, with diligence you will find it.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by Souls United

unless you have the same amp and guitar as this guy, don't count on that working
Quote by ValoRhoads

Na dude, seriously, some decent humbuckers and a decent amp, dial back your tone a bit and screw with your eq, it's in there somewhere, with diligence you will find it.

it wasnt a 900 he used, as far as i know it was a modded 800 for the album and a jubilee for the live shows
thats cool im going with this souls united guy his sounds best. and jackrocks4 one sounds pritty good ill try them when its not 11 at night.
Quote by ValoRhoads

its actually a JCM 800, not 900. Big part of the tone is the LP neck pickup with the tone at 0 tho.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
i saw a $4000 gibson guitar that is almost the same as slashes, but theirs no les paul on it. to bad. wiked though. it was god like.
i know this is kinda' off topic,but, i started this fourm os i am bound... by musical law...with the rights to add this.
haha.

who dosnot like the solo with the wah effect!!!!!!. its like wah-wah-wah-wah chich wah-wah-wah bow dit chicka wahwahwahwah bowobowo-chicka-dir-chica-dir-chica-dir!!

man i could keep going!!
no man its like wah wuku wah wuku wah wuku wahwah wada wuku wada wah wauku wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wahua wah wuku wah wadawah
i have no sig
Quote by slash_fan_dan
i saw a $4000 gibson guitar that is almost the same as slashes, but theirs no les paul on it. to bad. wiked though. it was god like.

Actually, the famous that slash uses in this video isn't a Gibson Les Paul. It is an extremely accurate clone! It does say "Gibson" on the headstock but in fact it is not one. Don't know if he recorded this song with that axe though.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
don't smoke in bed! are u trying to show me up with your wahwahwah-wohwohwahwahwohbowwah!!
rember i am upheld...my musical law....i cound have u in jail or somthing!!....

ohhhhhh scared!!!!

nah im kidding man your alright!!
QUOTE]

I once had the hands of Slash, he wasn't too pleased.

Mind he couldn't do anything about it, I had his hands.

All i'd say is make sure your half a step down, I used to play the song when I was about 14 in standard tuning.
Quote by slash_fan_dan
thats cool im going with this souls united guy his sounds best. and jackrocks4 one sounds pritty good ill try them when its not 11 at night.

tell me how it goes dude....
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
Because I don't rock like Jack.
Quote by dontsmokeinbed
no man its like wah wuku wah wuku wah wuku wahwah wada wuku wada wah wauku wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wahua wah wuku wah wadawah

You sound like my drummer trying to explain a guitar riff to me with his mouth.
Quote by ValoRhoads
Actually, the famous that slash uses in this video isn't a Gibson Les Paul. It is an extremely accurate clone! It does say "Gibson" on the headstock but in fact it is not one. Don't know if he recorded this song with that axe though.

Yes, the entire Appetite album, as far as I know, was recorded with his famous Les Paul replica.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
all you're gonna need is a wah-wah, preferably a dunlop, but not the absolute cheapest one.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I dont know, one day, i plugged in my G-dec 30 2 my epi les paul as my friend wanted to compare his gibby les paul pick ups over the fone.I started playing sweet child of mine intros as my guitar was in drop D(i dont know much "clean" songs in drop D" and just set my amp to the usual "acoustic" amp setting with some reverb.My freind said it really sounded like slashes tone over the phone....lol.
a little chorus to the vers maybe?

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3