Page 1 of 46
It's snuck up on me this year. Usually I'd have started getting excited about 3 weeks ago, but tbh I'd forgotten about it.

I personally don't think Alonso will be in the running but you can never predict these things.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Looking forward to seeing the new teams race cant recall their names but its going to be a great season
Look in my eyes what do you see?
i'm really interested in seeing how well mclaren can do this year. that should be quite interesting to watch.
Ltd EC-400
Ibanez GRX40
Yamaha FD02
M-Audio Black Box
Marshall MG15CDR
I say Hamilton got robbed last year, all though saying that a rookie year couldn't of gone any better very well done by him, cant wait to see what happens this season.
Quote by saphrax
He was doing testing for Ferrari during the preseason. Pretty much owned everyone. Except the last test at Barcelona, Lewis beat him by 0.2 seconds!

Ah, neat
GO KIMI GO!!!!

He's gonna do it again this year without any controversies!!

And i'm thinking of heading down to Silverstone for the British GP this year...
The only gp's i would love to go any see would be the Bahrain and Monaco one's, i was a huge fan of the Hockenheim one but not so much now.
It's going to be Lewis against Kimi for the title this year, unless their teammates can spring a surprise. Williams are looking like they could be the third best team though...here's hoping
Quote by saphrax
Ya know, there's all this talk of Lewis vs Kimi, but I honestly wouldn't discount Heiki or Phillipe to do well this season!

Felipe Massa will be even more useless in the wet without traction control, and I can't see Heikki Kovalainen rocking the McLaren boat.
Quote by smb
I can't see Heikki Kovalainen rocking the McLaren boat.

Really? I really rated him last season! I think that in the McLaren, he's got a good chance to do well for himself. I'd definately put him in the top 3 at the end of the season.
Oh I do rate Kovi - he was awesome at the race of champions:

It's incredibly rare that a driver takes his first win in a year he wins the championship though...I think Heikki will take the long view and get settled at McLaren, try to influence the designers to build next years car to suit him, build up experience and relationships and then go for the title in 2009 when rule changes could shake up the field and disadvantage the more experienced drivers. I can't see Hekki being placed lower than third or fourth in the 2008 WDC though.
Quote by saphrax
Really? I really rated him last season! I think that in the McLaren, he's got a good chance to do well for himself. I'd definately put him in the top 3 at the end of the season.

yeah but mclaren will be behind lewis 100%

I think heikki knows he's number 2. although I can see him winning a few races.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
yeah but mclaren will be behind lewis 100%

I think heikki knows he's number 2. although I can see him winning a few races.

I'd be surprised if there was a gap in the way the two drivers were treated this season. After all, we all saw what happened when Alonso didn't get hit way....

Yup, he spat out his dummy and cried like a baby.
Quote by saphrax
I'd be surprised if there was a gap in the way the two drivers were treated this season. After all, we all saw what happened when Alonso didn't get hit way....

Yup, he spat out his dummy and cried like a baby.

he was a world champion and was expecting to get preferential treatment and when they didn't do that, then he spit his dummy out.

but honestly what can you expect when a team has inested that much money in making a drivers career?

heikki is neither a champion or a driver who the team has invested heavily in. SO he can't really expect to be on equal terms. Although if he's competitive, I'd assume that they won't tell him to throw it just so lewis can win.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Lemoninfluence
Although if he's competitive, I'd assume that they won't tell him to throw it just so lewis can win.

I agree with what you are saying, your points are valid, the part I have quoted is the reason why I think they will get equal treatment though. I can't see him not being competitive. I really think him and Lewis will make a dynamite team that will be stable for a good few years to come, and will form one of the great partnerships of all time.
Full qualifying results and qualifying report on first post. Championship tables to follow after the GP.

Hope you all enjoyed the first qualifying round last nigth (well, this morning). The McLarens were strong as expected, but the surprise of the qualifying round was the performance of the BMWs, with Kubica taking 2nd position, separating the two McLarens.

Reigning world champion Kimi Raikonnen could only manage 16th after a fuel pressure problem put him out of the runnings shortly after the first qualifying session.

Former McLaren driver Fernando Alonso could only make it to 11th position.

My Prediction: McLaren 1,2, with the BMW's heanding the rest of the pack.

One To Watch: Sebastian Vettel. Taking the Toro Rosso in to 6th position in the 2nd round of qualifying was impressive. Electing to not run in the final round and taking 10th could be an interesting tactical decision, possibly giving him a good shot at the race with a slightly longer first stint.

ENJOY EVERYONE! THE SEASON HAS BEGUN!
Last edited by saphrax at Mar 15, 2008,
i am suprised at the pace of the BMWs, they were quite some way behind the Mclarens and Ferraris in pre-season testing, so i guess they were sandbagging a bit so they could take everyone by suprise. Meybe they have a big bet on at the bookies to win the championship and went slowly pre season to get better odds...

Honda had a very good session too, much better than their pre-season form.

Im also suprised by the sheer lack of pace that Piquet seems to have, i expected him to get better than 21st. Only Davidson was slower in last years Hodna, so im guessing Piquet must have got quite a shouting at by Renault.
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
check the dates.

Quote by element4433
Quote by twowheels
Meybe they have a big bet on at the bookies to win the championship and went slowly pre season to get better odds...

Quote by BWM Team Director

<_<

>_>

<_<

*RUNS*

An intersting thought...

Quote by GiantRaven
Dude this thread was started three days before that thread...

It's true mate. I know I was first here. My friend told me so. She's called Ms. Search Bar!
Last edited by saphrax at Mar 15, 2008,
i Reckon Kubica will have a good run this season, but i want to see what will happen at the start tomorow cause they don't have traction control anymore, there will probably be a crash at the first corner as a result
who's gonna watch it live? I watched the qualifying live but that was just because I happened to still be up when it was on.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Lemoninfluence
who's gonna watch it live? I watched the qualifying live but that was just because I happened to still be up when it was on.

im planning on getting an early night before waking up at about 2am to watch the race. Should be a good one. My only predictions are that Sutil and Nakajima will crash out, and Raikkonen will come third.
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
Quote by Lemoninfluence

Me
I wasnt intending watching the qualifying live, but woke up at 2:10
C'mon Massaaaaaaaaa!!!!11
Quote by saphrax
One To Watch: Sebastian Vettel. Taking the Toro Rosso in to 6th position in the 2nd round of qualifying was impressive. Electing to not run in the final round and taking 10th could be an interesting tactical decision, possibly giving him a good shot at the race with a slightly longer first stint.

He didn't elect not to run - it looked like that on the TV but they were planning to go out and had a problem with the car. This means he's fuelled longer than he planned to be for the race.
yeah watched the replay of qualifying today. Kubica looks good and im pulling for him.
today is my birthday and I'm coming home early just to watch the race live lol. Just something about it being live from all the way around the world that makes it that much more exciting!
I gotta be up early tomorrow, so I cant stay up long enough to watch it live.
No doubt someone will tell me who won before I have chance to see the highlights.

Quote by x-hex-x
The only gp's i would love to go any see would be the Bahrain and Monaco one's, i was a huge fan of the Hockenheim one but not so much now.

But what about Spa, Monza, Montreal or Interlagos?
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.

Anyone hear what Coulthard said about Massa..
I thought it was Coulthards fault to be honest
Quote by sam b

Anyone hear what Coulthard said about Massa..
I thought it was Coulthards fault to be honest

What did he say?
He was going on about how last year, when a crash was his fault he owend up to it...
Then he thought todays crash was Massa's fault, so he goes, "If he doesn't own up to it, I'm gonna kick three shits outta the little bastard"

FFS, seven cars made it across the finish line, and one of them (Barrichello) was disqualified.

I hope the rest of the beginning of this season doesn't start like last year for Räikkönen.