theres 2 things things i want a B.C. Rich WMD Warbeast and the marshall mg100hdfx,but i can only get 1. what should i get?
I'd say a new amp but don't go with the MG
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
Guitars:
Dean Razorback(Shards)
Schecter Damien 7
Amp:Line6 HD150 HalfStack Btw i really like the sound of the line 6 amps. i keep hearing that theres better amps out there, but i dont have a ton of money for a tube amp or whatever. plus i really dont think tube amps should cost around 2g's.
but thats just me.
Don't get the MG, it's crap - and tube amps don't cost 2gs...VERY GOOD amps cost 2gs.

If anything the MG is even worse than your Spider, and it's not often you can say that.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
well tell me a good tube amp that has good distortion for heavy metal thats not over a grand that i can get off of musiciansfriend.
yeah the mg sucks man, and and you can get an alright tube amp for under 1g.

I would get a new amp but not the mg. If you want a marshall, try finding a used jcm900 combo or something- you can probably find one of those under 1g.

but what is your price range anyway?

EDIT: sorry, i posted before i saw your last post.

try a peavy or something, people seem to rave about them for metal, but chances are with a good tube amp you will need a distortion/OD pedal anyway

And if you like your spider half stack then why in the hell are you getting a new amp?
I'm getting a new amp because i hate my current amp, not just because i want another amp. it's a waste
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat
Last edited by atc228 at Mar 7, 2008,
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by atc228
yeah the mg sucks man, and and you can get an alright tube amp for under 1g.

I would get a new amp but not the mg. If you want a marshall, try finding a used jcm900 combo or something- you can probably find one of those under 1g.

but what is your price range anyway?

EDIT: sorry, i posted before i saw your last post.

try a peavy or something, people seem to rave about them for metal, but chances are with a good tube amp you will need a distortion/OD pedal anyway

And if you like your spider half stack then why in the hell are you getting a new amp?
I'm getting a new amp because i hate my current amp, not just because i want another amp. it's a waste

i want a new amp cause people say theres better out there,i just want to try them out. what about the Crate GT1200 Head??? im looking for a amp head btw.
Solid state crates suck, the Spider cab isn't great either but if you want a PROPER metal amp head that costs less than a grand...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-6505-120W-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=481431
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i would stay away from crate. My current amp is a crate and a replacement to the crate i had before that. They both sounded decent for the money and so i got them. After about a year the first amp stopped working in the middle of a show. i rushed out to get a replacement and had got another crate, thinking it couldn't possibly happen again. This one is having the same problems after 6 months of owning it. On top of that, all the crates i play at guitar centers have the same exact problem- the cut in and out and get louder and softer randomly/sporadically.

basically, i would stay away from crates.

for a head check out the peavy windsors (sp?) and valvekings. or try a marshall jcm 2000 or 800
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat
If you're looking for just a head then look at the Peavey Windsor or Valveking. You could also look into an Avatar cab.

You already have some really good guitars so I wouldn't bother with a new one right now.
Dude... you dont need a new guitar you need a new amp. I understand that you are still developing an ear for tone, and when you start understanding it you will see how bad solid states are. There are FAR better amps for metal than the line 6. Try out a peavey 6505 (which is the same thing as the now discontinued Peavey 5150 I and II. A ****ty amp will not make a good guitar sound better. you already have some good guitars, now go out and get a better tube amp!
Sidenote: The 6505 is not the same as 5150II, the 5150II is the same as the 6505+.

6505 = 5150
6505+ = 5150II
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Used 5150.
Do it
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia