Page 1 of 2
okay, so i'm cooking for a very, VERY good girlfriend next week. Now i'm a decent cook, especially when it comes to Mexican food.
BUT
this girl is vegetarian. I have no idea what kind of special thing to cook for her, since she's letting me stay at her apartment for a week, i'd like it to be more than just salad.

so UG? what kind of nice vegetarian food should i make? i'm a big meat eater, all of my fav. dishes have meat in them
Give her a lettuce and you have a mcdonalds...
Light touch my hand, in a dream of Golden Skans, from now on.
You can forget our future plans.
well since you can cook mexican food, rice and beans duh! or maybe cheese enchilladas

On a more serious note, tofu. Yes, I know, how gay of me... Tofu can be cooked to taste like anything you want it to.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Tip of the day:

Just cook anything that doesn't have meat in it.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Go to the store, get some tofu, you can get em in different flavors, garlic is my preference. Taco's, spaghetti...pretty much anything you can put it in. I think there are meat flavors as well, so just whatever you'd cook with hamburger pretty much.
soy burgers/hot dogs/steaks, i know, sounds horrible, but, it must be done
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
Quote by icon_player_5
soy burgers/hot dogs/steaks, i know, sounds horrible, but, it must be done

do those taste any good?
Vegetarian chinese food maybe? Veggie meatballs? Does she like tofu because it might broaden your options more than just salad like you said.
Edit: http://vegweb.com/ says vegan on the webpage but I think there is some vegetarian stuff in there to.
Don't bother with fake meat. I find girls are always impressed by fresh pasta, with your own homemade sauce. Use veg like aubergine to replace meat.
Quote by smb
Don't bother with fake meat. I find girls are always impressed by fresh pasta, with your own homemade sauce. Use veg like aubergine to replace meat.

yeah i don't think she's a big fan of tofu and such, pasta sounds more like the real deal. and eggplant sauce, awesome! *scribbles down ideas
Screw meat substitutes.

Veggie fajitas are good; just replace the meat with a variety of vegatables, use the fajita seasoning, maybe a bit salsa to.

Veggie curries are great too - replace the meat with vegetables, and a tin of mixed beans. Tastes good and is filling. I'd reccomend a veggie curry for something like Tikka Masala though, as apposed to say, a Balti.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
umm you're asking pit for advice what to coock.... i cna see where this is going...

make up something... lol
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Put meat in it and she'll love you forever.

It'll go some thing like this.

You: haha, there was meat in that
Her: your kidding right?
You: nope
Her: well, i suppose i loved it
You: do you wanna love me all night?
her: *throws drink in your face*
Give her some broccoli on the side with her mountain lion steak.

Soy meat substitutes aren't as bad as people say. Especially when it comes to chicken.
Quote by CoreysMonster
do those taste any good?

Well, burger king sells soy burgers, so they sell. ive never personally had them, unless i didnt know. so im not 100% sure.
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
Dam vegetarians and their ''Veggie hotdogs'' thats bull**** man, thats like 2 lesbians using a double ended dildo and you go ''HEY!!!!! YOU MADE YOUR CHOICE SO STICK WITH IT!!!'' know what i mean?
Quote by Rising
Dam vegetarians and their ''Veggie hotdogs'' thats bull**** man, thats like 2 lesbians using a double ended dildo and you go ''HEY!!!!! YOU MADE YOUR CHOICE SO STICK WITH IT!!!'' know what i mean?

No.
Risotto, make a good risotto and you are set. You can have steak with yours and for her what i find works really well is where you get an aubergine/eggplant and cut it in half. Just one half will probably be fine. Then get some cheese, some will work better than others but its up to you really, you have to find out for yourself now bore a hole out of the aubergine with like an apple corer or something then put the cheese in there I dont know temps and stuff or times but i just know when its done but im sure you can find it online somewhere.

That is on nice meal

Edit: Also if you want to be a bit experimental, in the actual risotto you can add a bit of lemon juice, im not a big fan as usually it is too strong for me but a little bit might be ok. Also when theres about 5 mins or so left till your risotto is done add some pea's. That is pretty nice also
maybe so...maybe so young one.

Quote by Friggly
"But just PRETEND i'm not your sister"

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

Make Naan Bread.

It's a delicious, easy-to-make East Indian bread that goes great with Hummus and spices. Have that and like an exotic salad on the side.

Recipes are everywhere online, hummus can be bought at most supermarkets.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
I have the same problem my gf's a veggie. So I just let her do the cooking. Serves her right for being fussy :P
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah i don't think she's a big fan of tofu and such, pasta sounds more like the real deal. and eggplant sauce, awesome! *scribbles down ideas

What the hell does she eat besides salad?

Well maybe some things, unless she is vegan, not vegetarian.
Quote by Masonpwiley
What the hell does she eat besides salad?

noodles? eggs? fish? fruit? bread? cheese? i have no idea. i haven't seen her for months and have never seen her eat.
Quote by CoreysMonster
noodles? eggs? fish? fruit? bread? cheese? i have no idea. i haven't seen her for months and have never seen her eat.

How long have you been going out?

Vegetarian lasagne, or, even better...

Vegetarian Haggis!
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Quote by Badreligionrock
How long have you been going out?

Vegetarian lasagne, or, even better...

Vegetarian Haggis!

we're not going out, she's only a friend. a special friend, but a friend nonetheless. she lives in a different city and i'm visiting her for a week.
Falafel in a pitta bread with houmous, chopped red onion, peppers, mint yoghurt dressing... I know I'd love you if you made that for me!

Also, are you aware of Quorn? You can cook anything YOU'D eat, but vegetarian!

I love being veggie...

Also, fish is a NO-NO. Pescatarian =/= Vegetarian!
Quote by CoreysMonster
we're not going out, she's only a friend. a special friend, but a friend nonetheless. she lives in a different city and i'm visiting her for a week.

Fair enough, mis-interpreted your original post.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Quote by Badreligionrock
Fair enough, mis-interpreted your original post.

we've had sex before, so it wasn't completely off
There are tons of good italian meals that don't have meat. I wouldn't use soy or tofu. That stuff is rancid to the taste buds. If she is okay with cheese than you will be okay.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." - Mark Twain

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first." - Samuel Langhornne Clemens
Quote by Ichikurosaki
stir fry or some ****

barbequed fish
why do some vegetarians eat fish anyway, wtf is up with that

well, i see it this way:

compare, which one would you rather kill?

Page 1 of 2