Page 1 of 5
Some of you are kids who still go to school and likely don't have a large budget to spend other might just have. Some are adults that have enough cash some don't.

I for starters am not a rich guy i own an Ibanez GSR190 and that is likely one of the cheapest basses money can buy but it does sound good considering the money i payed for it.

Like all guys a dream about "the Ultimate" toy and for me at this point would be a bass guitar.

For me my dreambass would be a Carl Thompson. I have never played one but the minute i saw one it was love at first sight. I have no idea how the bass feels or sounds (other then Les Claypool playing one but he probably has wide range of pedals etc behind it). It just Carl is an old guy who is in the business for a long time HANDCARVING every bass and making it an unique peace of art.

This for me would be the only bass where i send Carl a mail saying i want a 4 string bass, ship it to the netherlands when it's ready.

What is your dream bass? Or are you one of the lucky bastards who already owns his dream bass?

ps. Mark my words, one of these days i will own a CT Bass.
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
I'd like an Am Dlx P, but other than that I'd just want higher quality basses similar to my two Ibanez. I find CTs to be horrendously ugly.

I'm more a guy who wants the perfect amplifier than the perfect bass.
I would absolutely love to have a Ritter Roya or Classic. I'd give my left nut (okay maybe not my left) for it.

TS I hate to break it to you, but I believe Carl Thompson has retired from making basses.
Mine would have to be a Warwick Buzzard, the checkerboard one on the Warwick site to be exact, but with the Buzzard headstock instead of the standard Warwick one... Can't see it happening any time soon though
I send CT a mail asking about his retirement.

If that is true then Fender Jazz will most likely be my second choice or a stingray.
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
Honestly, a egmond, hagstrom tiesco or any other old junk bass but with a better sound and playability.
My dream bass would probably be a Warwick Corvette 5 string modded with an MM humbucker at the bridge and maybe a split coil. I've just got about £250 to go!
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
A Fender Am-DLX P-bass in flat black, white pearloid pickguard, maple Jazz neck and fretboard, black block inlays, black Gotoh tuners, Seymour Duncan quarter Pounder at the neck.

And +1 to smb. I'd rather have a better amp setup than better basses.
i'm making it right now.

3 tone sunburst jazz bass body
maple neck and fretboard
bartolini classic jazz bass pickups
cts 500k pots
.047 orange drop cap
treble bleed caps and resistors, .001 cap and 100k resistor
fender style bridge with brass saddles
fender style tuners
tort pickguard
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I already have my dream amp, and I just played a Musicman Stingray HH in black with a maple fretboard, and I think I'm in love. Move over, anarkee, I'm joining the stingray club whenever I can afford it!
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Last edited by Your41Plague12 at Mar 7, 2008,
Quote by Your41Plague12
I already have my dream bass, and I just played a Musicman Stingray HH in black with a maple fretboard, and I think I'm in love. Move over, anarkee, I'm joining the stingray club whenever I can afford it!

Those HH's are very nice, and there's always room in the club.

My dream bass: Urge II. One day....
Fender custom shop jazz bass in lake placid blue with a maple neck and block inlays, fitted with and active preamp and noisless J pickups
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
a fender custom made
jazz body
jazz C neck
ash body
maple neck
rosewood fretboard
P and M pickups
olypic white
tort pickguard
really thin neck
bad ass bridge
fender super bass strings
just 4 strings
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
It would be a P-bass, with a MM humberbucker at the bridge. Maple fretboard. White with a black pickguard.
I don't really have a dream bass seeing as I want almost every bass in existance except for maybe 5. What can I say...I like toys.
I dunno at the moment probably a custom P with a JPMM pickup configuration olympic white with a black pickguard.
Last edited by hippiebass at Jun 21, 2008,
Well at the moment I really want a Lakland 44-02, that's all really, my dream bass was an MIA P-Bass from the first day I had a lesson and played my teacher's, I've owned one for two years now so yeah, I have my dream bass really, if there was a hand-built custom bass made from mammoth tusk and 3572340865469 year old woods that I actually liked then maybe I'd aspire to owning one of them but I really get put off by custom designs, I like a classic look .
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
My dream is to own the bass version of this

the only differences (other than being a bass) would be mine will be NT, it will have an extra four tuners, so It could be used like an 8-string (look around the site for the Moser 10's, you'll see what I mean), possibly different inlays/headstock, but that's just about it.

only two more years...
Moser Custom Shop 5-string Scimitar
Moser Arachnid
Fender Jazz MIM
Digitech Bass Driver
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Genz Benz GBE750
Genz Benz GB410T-XB2
Last edited by Confused2316 at Mar 9, 2008,
I saw a video about the Torzal "Twist Bass." It's designed to be more ergonomics. It costs about $3000. Me want.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
The Warwick custom shop I'm trying to attempt to budget for-

Corvette $$ 5 string
Swamp Ash body with a Spalted Maple top (C-class)
Matching headstock
Ebony fretboard
Ovangkol neck
Piezo pickup bridge
Side of neck dotinlays (no front face inlays)

About £1100 left to go if I stick to my budgeting and move home for Summer.
Ooh, on the subject of ergonomics I'd like a Bob Barker fretless. As someone who's wrists are funked up I think that would help a lot.
-Different body shape, not sure what.
-2 noiseless jazz pickups (maybe SCNs, maybe Nordstrand, maybe Bartolini) with a big fat precision pickup dropped in between them.
-Maple fretboard.
-Not sure on neck wood, possibly wenge, maybe just plain maple. Bolt-on.
-Ash or mahogany body.
-Passive/active switch.
-Lows spec'd out at 45Hz.
-Parametric mids at 250Hz-5kHz.
-Highs at 8kHz.
-In passive mode the mid knob acts as a passive tone control.
-4 way pickup switch; bridge+P/P+neck/neck+bridge/all 3.
-Blend knob for dual pickup configurations.
-Passive pickups.
-Quilt maple top.
-Inlays either gold or none.

I have no idea if have of these ideas will even work, but it's only a dream right? It doesn't have to be a realistic thing.

And has anyone else noticed that the TS joined in November '01?!
Quote by smb
Ooh, on the subject of ergonomics I'd like a Bob Barker fretless. As someone who's wrists are funked up I think that would help a lot.

Man, those things look nice. My teacher did something similar with an old bass he got his hands on. Cut it away so you could play with it upright resting in your lap, or on a metal rod, standing up. Where the heck do you find a Barker bass, though? Or the money for one?
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Lakland 55-02 or Fender Vintage 57 P-Bass

I currently own a Standard Fretless

EDIT: make that the 55-94 [better colors, heh]
Last edited by InvaderRen at Mar 9, 2008,
My teacher's bass. It's custom made it sounds amazing, it's pure wood grain. It's lighter than a guitar. I want it bad.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Quote by Mongoose87
Where the heck do you find a Barker bass, though? Or the money for one?

Order it direct or pick one up second hand...they're $3000 new, aren't they? I can probably afford one now if I can get away with not eating for a while
Modulus Quantum 4.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless
Got to be a custom Stringray 5:
-Rosewood neck with matching head stock
-Black Pick Guard
-Candy Red Body

Looks somthing like this according to the MM site:

All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
-Torzal Bolt-On in a custom shape of my design
-Buckeye Burl top with black stain, high-gloss finish done by Ritter.
-Don't really care about the body or neck wood. High quality maple is nice.
-Satin finish on neck with Purpleheart skunkstripe.
-J-style passive p'up in the neck, no visible pole pieces.
-MM active 'bucker in the bridge, but more towards the "sweet spot".
-Master vol., 3-way p'up switch, global tone knob, 3-band EQ for 'bucker
-6 strings tuned F#BEADG (maybe seven-string w/ high C)
-Custom bridge similar to something found on a Jerzy Drozd
-30 frets, abalone inlay of some sort, perhaps.
-Purple LED side markers

I'm sure I'll think of something else as I try to sleep tonight.

Edit: wait, can that work, having an active and a passive p'up running at the same time?
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Last edited by t3hrav3n at Mar 9, 2008,
Either a StingRay 5 Flat Black or a Schecter Custom Stilletto 6
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
Quote by elemenohpee

TS I hate to break it to you, but I believe Carl Thompson has retired from making basses.

Just got a reply, he has not retired yet BUT probably will soon. He therefore advises to place my order....
Unfortunatly i dont have $5,000 dollars
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
Well, I have my bass that I hope I shall keep for many years yet as a primary bass (Warwick Corvette standard 5 with an ebony fingerboard).

However, I still fancy a Bongo Stealth 6 when they come out.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Warwick custom shop
-Streamer
-flamed maple top with carribean burst, nice sounding body wood
-brazil rw fretboard with burkeye maple neck, abalone inlays
-two dimarzio single coils with Fender Jaguar controls/preamp/controlplates
-no pickguard
-warwick bridge
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Almost any Jackson/Charvel with the pointy headstock. I'm obsessed by these beautys.
I already have two of my dream basses: my '95 Warwick Fortress One 5-string in Honey Violin, and my 1986 Stingray in trans-teal.

Other axes I've dwelled on include a mint 1961 Fender Precision, two Warwick Fortress Masterman 5-strings fretless AND fretted, a 5-string Stingray to match my current 4-string (trans teal, rosewood), an Elrick 5-string, a newer American Jazz in black with a maple board, an older Fender Prophecy II...........

The list goes on. GAS strikes when it chooses. But I think my biggest case involves gathering up a big, diverse bunch of old Warwick Fortresses.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Quote by motorcycleboy
the 62 precision that jamerson used to play..........

You mean the almighty "Funk Machine"?

Perhaps now that Jaco's bass of doom has resurfaced, this will be the year that the other holy grail of bassdom will emerge from its secret hiding place.
Page 1 of 5