I'm hunting out the best sounding distortion pedal to go with my 1989 Platinum seires BC rich and a Dimebag Dean. I also like to play Ibanez and the Synister gates axe. right now my main axe is the BC Rich, and I'll probably be getting the Kerry King Marshall when I've saved up enough. With that in mind, the Metal Zone sounds pretty crappy, I like the Boss Metal Core with the Super Overdrive, but I'm sure there's better ones out there.

So I'm open to suggestions, metalheads!
Last edited by vanitybinge at Mar 7, 2008,
Guyatone MMX Metal Monster.

There's a review up on youtube, just type the name in to the search bar.

DS
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
It doesn't really matter what guitar you have when choosing pedals, only your amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
are you sure about that? A Fender through a Big Fuzz is gonna sound different then a a jackson through a Big fuzz don't you think?
I'm not knocking you down totally, but I think the guitar would have a different sound, otherwise whats the point of choosing a guitar at all? If the pedals and the amp make all the sound choices, it wouldn't matter which guitar we played.

Death-speak do they have that pedal at guitar center?
If you're choosing a pedal then it's the amp that determines how good the final sound will be, not the guitar. Granted the guitar determines the character of the sound, but if you want a specific tone then importance is generally Amp>pedals>guitar
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Not sure about GC but Musicians Friend carries it (I think) so it's very possible. It runs just under $180.

Also, seagull is right. There's no pedal on earth that can polish a turd of an amp. What are you going to be plugging into?

DS
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
Boss ODs are garbage compared to stuff like the Fulltone OCD, and the Homebrew Power Screamer
So many nice guitars but a crappy amp . A new overdrive pedal is not going to make it sound better, besides valvestates suck at taking pedals. Sell one of your guitars and the valvestate and get a new amp. amps count for 70% of all of your tone, guitars do alot less than you think. for what you are playing try to find a used Peavey 5150.
I think the KK Marshall should have enough gain without a dist pedal? Maybe an OD pedal might help?
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid