Hey! I need a couple overdrives so recommend me some. I have a Boss SD-1 that I plan on moding soon so that'll be my mid gain stuff. what else do i need I kidna want a Mesa in a box distortion sound. also a nice low-er gain sound.

and whatever pedal that For a pedal board you think i need.so throw some out there I need a Delay and phaser. a nice wah. and some other stuff so just gimme some ideas.

I don't wanna spend more than 70 on each pedal I'm willing to make acceptions if they're worth it. I know there are alot of Boss haters out there but if you can tell me the ones worth getting cause thats all my store really stocks boss and Digitech.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
wait until you get the YCV 50 before testing Overdrives. How are you going to know what one box will sound like if you can't test the pedal with the amp.
bad monkey by digitech isnt bad for OD. do you mean to spend 70$ or pounds
cuz if its pounds get boss OD 3
Quote by Deadmen
Wait for them by your door, and when they come.
Jump out with your wiener just hanging there and yell "Surprise!"
They'll never talk to you again, also make shure to helicoptor it a bit.

Memeber #665 of the Ibanez RG owners of the world club
hmmm. your somewhat right......but! I have someones Blues Jr. I have for testing until i get my Traynor

sorry. I meant 70 dollars USD. but I can make acceptions of 10 15 20 bucks if it's worth it
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Mar 7, 2008,
Quote by Bostonrocks
hmmm. your somewhat right......but! I have someones Blues Jr. I have for testing until i get my Traynor

sorry. I meant 70 dollars USD. but I can make acceptions of 10 15 20 bucks if it's worth it

A blues junior does not sound the same as a traynor, so an overdrive that you love on the blues junior, it might sound like garbage on the traynor. Besides, 70 $ won't get you a good overdrive anyways. hold off on the OD until you own the amp, than post again
ok...thanks for the help man
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
woooo lol

are you on this site all day or something your ALWAYS on it seems lol
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Mar 7, 2008,
Hey!
Well, I wake up really early, have nothing to do, and then I have a lot of free time during the day right now, looking for a new job, but I'm lazy. Only taking one class, and I check my email like a madman.

EDIT: And when I AM at my current job, I don't really do anything because I'm lazy, so I'm on UG. Better than actually working..
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Mar 7, 2008,
lol..paid to be on UG now thats a job lol
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
If you're modding pedals, I would like to suggest the Boss MT-2 pedal modified... It's really nasally stock, but with the Monte Allums mods for instance, the thing is beautiful for high
gain....
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
yep I'm willing to mod will it to Mesa tones????
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I think that it's going to depend a bit on your amp...

I won't necessarily say "Mesa" that's kind of tough for any particular pedal to replicate based on the Rectification tubes...,

Would probably get you closer than any stock distortion pedal there is though....

The particular mod I did REALLY smoothed out the gain structure and dynamics of the pedal... Clarified the sound and gave a really smooth but still spikey and aggressive tone....

I did the SD-1 mod as well, and it turned out cherry...

Also, Monte Allums has a rectifier mod for the DS-1... I've actually purchased the pedal and the mod kit as a gift for a friend's B'day and will be doing this mod either tonight or tomorrow... I can let you know how that turns out as well....
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
thanks will you?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Ok, I did the mod to the DS-1 and on my amp, it definitely had a decent recto quality sound... But here's the deal, my amp is an AT-212 tri mode rectifier, and my clean channel has a 'bright switch' that I always have on.... it actually completely changes the characteristics of the distortion pedals I run through it.... I experimented with the pedal with and without the 'bright switch' engaged, and I think that the modded DS-1 and MT-2 could possibly give you a sound you dig... Both are very tight.. The MT-2 is going to be a bit more 'spikey' and the DS-1 a bit more even and edgy... I doubt you'd be disappointed with either, but the DS-1 will provide the lower end gain sound better than the MT-2...

I would recomend either.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
cool. well I think I'll go pick my self up a DS1 thanks alot man
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I'll check that out to
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
cool. well I think I'll go pick my self up a DS1 thanks alot man

You can't beat the price on a DS1 anyways, $40 plus a $20 mod kit from Monte Allums and you'll have a better pedal than more expensive ones.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
cool. thanks for the help man
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era