I'm looking to get a new guitar next month for around £300-£400 ($600-$800).

I've looked at so many guitars!

I'd like one that lasts, this will probably have to do for a while.

I like to play stuff like Muse, Queen, I like to challenge myself with stuff like Guns N Roses, stuff like that.

I've looked at the Ibanez RG350DX, Fender Strats and Telecasters, thought about getting a Schecter too.

Also looked at the Fender Toronado GT HH, but I can't find one anywhere due to it being discontinued.

I was hoping someone could help me make a decision, what guitars are good and what are bad?

I've heard good things on here about the Schecters, but my knowledge of them is limited, how do they compare to other guitars?

Thanks for looking.
Quote by cptcomet
I'm looking to get a new guitar next month for around £300-£400 ($600-$800).

I've looked at so many guitars!

I'd like one that lasts, this will probably have to do for a while.

I like to play stuff like Muse, Queen, I like to challenge myself with stuff like Guns N Roses, stuff like that.

I've looked at the Ibanez RG350DX, Fender Strats and Telecasters, thought about getting a Schecter too.

Also looked at the Fender Toronado GT HH, but I can't find one anywhere due to it being discontinued.

I was hoping someone could help me make a decision, what guitars are good and what are bad?

I've heard good things on here about the Schecters, but my knowledge of them is limited, how do they compare to other guitars?

Thanks for looking.

well i was very sad when i heard that with the fender....

back to topic: go get a really nice fender stratocaster with lace sensors
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Quote by Deadmen
Wait for them by your door, and when they come.
Jump out with your wiener just hanging there and yell "Surprise!"
They'll never talk to you again, also make shure to helicoptor it a bit.

Memeber #665 of the Ibanez RG owners of the world club
Yeh it's a shame about that Toronado, it had been a favourite of mine since I was about 14!

I haven't heard about those lace sensors, how much would that cost to have a strat with them?
I have a Marshall amp i'm not sure off the top of my head its like a MG15CDR I think, and a Gibson Les Paul copy, I want a nice new guitar though.

If I had the money i'd get a proper Les Paul but they're pricey.

EDIT: This is from my local Guitar shop.

http://www.soundcontrol.co.uk/mod_1/pages/mod_1.12/pages/mod_1.12.1/pages/mod_1.12.1.1/pages/index.php?sku=1.1.1.1.1-10-12267

What do you think? Worth saving an extra month and getting that?
Last edited by cptcomet at Mar 7, 2008,
ya i think you should save if you could get that. SG's are in you price range
Quote by Deadmen
Wait for them by your door, and when they come.
Jump out with your wiener just hanging there and yell "Surprise!"
They'll never talk to you again, also make shure to helicoptor it a bit.

Memeber #665 of the Ibanez RG owners of the world club
Hagstrom..... enough said.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Get a new amp and a strat. Don't get a les paul, huge waste of money.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by danyellenik
new amp?

Yeah well hes got a marshall mg. kinda self explanatory. maybe a vox valvetronix, roland cube, or maybe even a small tube amp.
Yeah get a Vox Valvetronix........in the UK....from a UGer......read my sig

I'm so desperate for moniez
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
A new amp is going to make your current guitar sound a whole lot better. For your price range, a peavey Classic 30 sounds pretty good (use it with a good OD) or perhaps a more british voiced amp like a crate Palomino. than if you have some cash afterward, get a MIM strat.
Quote by Highwaytohell
like a crate Palomino.

We don't have them in the UK. At all.
But the Classic 30 is a good shout. Also MAYBE an Orange Rocker 30.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
700-800$
how about an ernie ball sub1. theres some expensive ones, like the john petrucci model, but you can find a basic one for $700-something dollars. its got really good action and itl definitely last a while, but it only has one humbucker, so its nothing fancy. if you already have a guitar, i recommend you save up and get something even better than whatever you have know. (like nice pgm )
Quote by sweet_revenge_5
(like nice pgm )

Nice amp is more important to his tone at this present moment in time.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
I forgot you were in the UK. GOOD AMPS IN UK FOR THAT KIND OF SOUND AT THAT KIND OF PRICE? LANEY! A vc-30 would be perfect for those classic rock tones. the 1x12 version is under 300 pounds at least at this website http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/laney/~guitar_amplifiers

that way you have around 100 pounds left on fixing your current guitar or buying a better cable so it doesnt cut out. Trust me, investing in a new amp will be a very very good idea!