LISTEN UP! I'm going to go on a bit of a rant about tone, amps, pedals and guitars
This is more-or-less an FAQ type thing.

1. STOP trying to get a certain artist's tone. You will never acheive thier tone completely, despite how simaliar your gear is. Music is about creating, and you as an artist, and a player, should try to find your own tone instead of trying to completely duplicate someone elses. Go try out as many amps as you can before deciding
2. TUBES ARE ULTIMATELY BETTER THAN SOLID STATES! I don't care what you people say, but the majority of tube amplifiers will indeed sound better than solid state amps.
3. Based on number 2, stop asking about what kind of pedals to buy and what guitars to buy if you have a crappy amp. NEVER EVER EVER comprimise on tone, if you play through an amp that you really like but its too expensive, than hold off on that new delay box until you have the funds for your amp
4. Amps come before pickups. Good pups don't sound good through a bad amp
5. Amps with one tube and a solid state power selection are not true tube amps, that one 12AX7 doesn't do anything

I hope new people read this and start to follow the rules, even though i'm preety sure these are in the FAQ of the forum. Thank you.
This rant has been ranted before, to little if any result.

Ah, fuck it.

*reported*
Last edited by blue_strat at Mar 7, 2008,
Quote by Highwaytohell
LISTEN UP! I'm going to go on a bit of a rant about tone, amps, pedals and guitars
This is more-or-less an FAQ type thing.

I'm sorry, who are you?

Quote by Highwaytohell

1. STOP trying to get a certain artist's tone. You will never acheive thier tone completely, despite how simaliar your gear is. Music is about creating, and you as an artist, and a player, should try to find your own tone instead of trying to completely duplicate someone elses. Go try out as many amps as you can before deciding.

MOST of the people in here don't want an exact replica of an artist's tone- they just give their tone as an example, but then people obscure it into the statement that you just made here

Quote by Highwaytohell
2. TUBES ARE ULTIMATELY BETTER THAN SOLID STATES! I don't care what you people say, but the majority of tube amplifiers will indeed sound better than solid state amps.

[To the bit in bold] Ah, how ignorant.
What if you want crystal clear cleans at high volumes?
What if you want a tone which has the dry rawness to that similar to Pantera?
What if you want a little amp to practice and get a load of tones from?

Quote by Highwaytohell
3. Based on number 2, stop asking about what kind of pedals to buy and what guitars to buy if you have a crappy amp. NEVER EVER EVER comprimise on tone, if you play through an amp that you really like but its too expensive, than hold off on that new delay box until you have the funds for your amp

I agree, but why not tell people this in their thread they made? It's not like one un-stickied thread is going to stop these threads. (Hell, even if it was stickied no one would pay attention.

Quote by Highwaytohell
4. Amps come before pickups. Good pups don't sound good through a bad amp

Again, agreed, but again, no one will read this before making a thread.

Quote by Highwaytohell
5. Amps with one tube and a solid state power selection are not true tube amps, that one 12AX7 doesn't do anything

I'm pretty sure we know this, especially as they're 'hybrid' amps. And it has been said that in amps like the Vox Valvetronix, a valve change makes a lot of difference.

Quote by Highwaytohell
I hope new people read this and start to follow the rules, even though i'm preety sure these are in the FAQ of the forum. Thank you.

They won't.
What rules?
Yes, they are.
Thank YOU for this epic thread.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Last edited by Yngwi3 at Mar 7, 2008,
Quote by Yngwi3
I'm sorry, who are you?

ok the only thing i have to say is that if hes not known in this forum that does not mean a person doesnt know his @^%

other than that...sorry but pretty pointless thread
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Quote by Yngwi3
I'm sorry, who are you?

haha

EGGEDIT: TS, if you feel this way then Pm the mods or something. BTW, this is the guitar gear and accessories forum, so people are gonna ask 'how do i get [insert name here]s tone?'
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Last edited by eggo_boi_15 at Mar 7, 2008,
Quote by Otsugua713
ok the only thing i have to say is that if hes not known in this forum that does not mean a person doesnt know his @^%

I know, just trying to be funny

Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia