I had a schecter hellraiser and it took a nasty fall and broke the headstock, which is a 200 or so dollar fix. i plan on taking out the pick ups and what not and just buying a new guitar. Since i will already have nice pick ups what is a good guitar (24 frets, strat scale) that isnt too expensive(i figure i can save a dime buying one with ****ty pick ups). Also having a floyd wouldnt be bad
I would although i imagine itll never be the same intonation wise as the guy at our local guitar shop said all he could to to fix it is cleanly cut off the head stock, break it in half then glue everything back on. I have a budget of like 700$
For that budget, you could easily get another Hellraiser, or pretty much most anything on the Schecter line.

If you've been playing with the Hellraiser for quite some time, and like the feel of it, I'd say stick with Schecter and just go with whatever model suits your taste.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
i hate the spend 1,400 on a schecter as it would be like me buying two of them since i already paid for one before.
Just get some Titebond and glue the head back on.

You should learn to be more resourceful.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Just curious, how did it fall? Whenever you're not playing it your guitar should be in a case period.
Quote by isaac311
Just curious, how did it fall? Whenever you're not playing it your guitar should be in a case period.

Evidently not the words of a gigging musician.

I'd just go for the new headstock, or a completely new Hellraiser, as long as that's what you liked.
Funny words.
New guitar. That Hellraiser is just a mass produced guitar. You can get another like it that will play the same. Those who say replace the neck don't a have a clue as it would cost a lot and require a refinish. Likewise, fixing the headstock yourself is a very bad idea as its not likely you'll do it right or KNOW you're doing it right, and screw it up, making things worse than they were. And even if you pay $200 to fix it, you aren't guaranteed it will play right again.
getting a new neck shouldn't cost that much, assuming you can find someone that knows how to do it. It would be cheaper than buying a new guitar anyway.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by dannyniceboy
i hate the spend 1,400 on a schecter as it would be like me buying two of them since i already paid for one before.

You paid for one, and broke it. So the next one will only cost you the price of one guitar. I have a guitar with a set neck and a broken (off) headstock as well. If you find a real way to fix that let me know! I have to take some pics and post them in a "can you fix it" thread.

Not knowing if you can fix it, they certainly are a well loved guitar on this site. I am sure selling your no longer needed parts would not be difficult in the classifieds.

Just as with ladies and jewelry, every guitarist should "upgrade" on occasion... Just my personal opinion.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Hell if my Hellraiser ever crapped out on me I'd probably buy another one, can't beat that quality for 600 bucks!
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

You could at least try to fix it.. Nothing to lose right?
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
If you don't want to spend too much, you could get a Schecter Damien FR. It looks sweet and is of pretty high quality except for the pickups.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Thanks for the suggestions, i have been looking on musicians friend and i guess they have new hellraisers out. I like the one in white and wouldnt mind buying since id feel like i wasnt buying the exact same guitar again. Any idea how much i could get for parts i see the 81 and 85's going for about 60-80 a piece on ebay anything else worth selling on it?
Quote by CJRocker
New guitar. That Hellraiser is just a mass produced guitar. You can get another like it that will play the same. Those who say replace the neck don't a have a clue as it would cost a lot and require a refinish. Likewise, fixing the headstock yourself is a very bad idea as its not likely you'll do it right or KNOW you're doing it right, and screw it up, making things worse than they were. And even if you pay $200 to fix it, you aren't guaranteed it will play right again.

If it's a clean break, then he'd be fine fixing it.

I fixed an SG neck the exact same way, and you can hardly tell it was even broken.
Now it's 1984
Quote by dannyniceboy
I would although i imagine itll never be the same intonation wise as the guy at our local guitar shop said all he could to to fix it is cleanly cut off the head stock, break it in half then glue everything back on. I have a budget of like 700$

Then i'd suggest never ever getting anything repaired there because he's clearly stupid.

Get a proper guitar, go to a second hand shop and look for something like a Nighthawk (Epiphone - back when they were good), or an Ibanez RS2 - then fit some standard DiMarzios in them, or go for some BKP's.
Ug's Stupidest Member of the Year - 2005
Quote by Deeg
Then i'd suggest never ever getting anything repaired there because he's clearly stupid.

Get a proper guitar, go to a second hand shop and look for something like a Nighthawk (Epiphone - back when they were good), or an Ibanez RS2 - then fit some standard DiMarzios in them, or go for some BKP's.

Actaully, the proper way to glue a headstock back on is to snap it off first.
Now it's 1984
Quote by isaac311

Then you have to get it out of the case to play. I leave mine on a stand so I can just grab it and play whenever.
Quote by diditfortehlulz
Actaully, the proper way to glue a headstock back on is to snap it off first.

Actually, no it isn't. Do you not realise how weak a horizontal cut would make it?

The proper way would be to try salvage it as is- and glue diagonally. If needs be cut diagonally, sand both edges, and put it bag together - but jagged cuts bond stronger.

"snapping it off" not only creates more work but a weaker end product.
Ug's Stupidest Member of the Year - 2005
Quote by Deeg
Actually, no it isn't. Do you not realise how weak a horizontal cut would make it?

The proper way would be to try salvage it as is- and glue diagonally. If needs be cut diagonally, sand both edges, and put it bag together - but jagged cuts bond stronger.

"snapping it off" not only creates more work but a weaker end product.

Ditto. +1. The same. I agree.

Take your pick. This dudes right.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
Where did it break at? I actually might be interested in buying or trading something for it. (you can keep the pickups if you want). Could you take pics of the break.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.