been playing bass now since i was 13 (19 now) and right now i've only got a fender jazz, its time for an upgrade methinks...

can anybody tell be of any web-sites sell basses for fairly cheap and deliver in the UK? i've looked but there always expensive ones

also can anyone gimme any web-sites that sell warwick basses in the UK?

thanks in advance
I doubt there is an upgrade to a Fender Jazz as that is a top notch Bass.

I think you should go inside a store and try some things out. Don't stare to much at one particulairy brand but try some stuff before actualy making the purchase.
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
Quote by smb
You want GAK.

Speaking of which...guess what I've just seen:

WHAT!

I see a Lakland in my future.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Quote by Forcemaster
WHAT!

I see a Lakland in my future.

Yup...I'd been putting off visiting a friend in Brighton because I knew I'd inevitable visit GAK and spend all my money...now I have no choice
Don't buy online.

That is all I can say.

You are getting a high quality bass no matter what you buy, so make sure you get the right one for you, which requires extensive play testing. For example, may people love the sound of Warwicks, but just don't get on with the neck. I say they are fools, but such is life .

Also, before you say the net is cheaper, mull over the fact that due to mark downs, I have saved money on both my amp and bass.

My amp was £10 cheaper (excluding P&P) than GAK. My custom Warwick, which came with a £100 fight case was £60 cheaper (excluding P&P) than the BASIC version of the bass (no £50 worth of upgrades. Therefore, I have saved around £200 (considering it would have come ina cheaper case from GAK) by not buying online.

Mull that over for a bit.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by smb
Yup...I'd been putting off visiting a friend in Brighton because I knew I'd inevitable visit GAK and spend all my money...now I have no choice

I've been GASing for a Jazz bass for quite a while now, and a lakland may well be the one I go for in the end. I'll have to head down at some point.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Quote by gm jack
Don't buy online.

That is all I can say.

You are getting a high quality bass no matter what you buy, so make sure you get the right one for you, which requires extensive play testing. For example, may people love the sound of Warwicks, but just don't get on with the neck. I say they are fools, but such is life .

Also, before you say the net is cheaper, mull over the fact that due to mark downs, I have saved money on both my amp and bass.

My amp was £10 cheaper (excluding P&P) than GAK. My custom Warwick, which came with a £100 fight case was £60 cheaper (excluding P&P) than the BASIC version of the bass (no £50 worth of upgrades. Therefore, I have saved around £200 (considering it would have come ina cheaper case from GAK) by not buying online.

Mull that over for a bit.

But have you compared the prices to www.thomann.de?

Thomann are based in Germany... but their customer care is legendary. They're cheaper than the cheapest sites in the UK, i.e www.dolphinmusic.co.uk. There are cheaper sites than Thomann also in the EU, but their customer care isn't as highly regarded.

I've bought from GAK once, and I wansn't impressed at all. Very poor communication. They didn't tell me my product was out of stock until after 3 emails, and 2 phone calls (after 8 or so previous attempts).

But... have you thought about buying second hand? It's generally much cheaper, and it is very much a buyer's market at the moment. I saw an all active Warwick Bubinga Corvette go for £350! www.basschat.co.uk and www.gumtree.com were my favourite places to go hunting. Some really good deals, and a lot safer than eBay.
Yeah, just compared.

Bass was still £20 cheaper not including the fact I had custom options and a better case with it.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
aweome guys thanks!

just to say... i didn't really wanna buy one off the internet, but theres only one guitar shop in my area which is decent but rather small so not alot of choice

also when i said upgrade to my fender jazz... i know its an awesome bass and shes served me well, but its a little beaten up... gotta few scrapes and scratches
Quote by smb

You try having to pass by there every time you go shopping

I might try and see if they have one of those funky Darkstar ones next time i'm near it.