hi guys, seeking some advice here. i have been learning a particular song for about 2 months and i realized i'm kind of inconsistent with the playing. there are time where i play pretty well, but some other times i just make lots of mistakes. i basically just play the song over and over again whenever i have the time to. however whether it turns out good or bad is really a game of chance. 1/2 the time its good, 1/2 the time its bad. any of you have any solution?
if it matters, i have been playing for about 3 months.
keep playing. eventually consistency will come. you just need to play as much as possible. don't even call it practicing. just play your guitar.
You've learned it "badly", therefore you play it badly.

Basically you've tried to learn it too fast - you've sped things up before you've nailed them at a slower speed and your brain and fingers have remembered the "wrong" way to play it. Slow things right down to a speed at which you can play it PERFECTLY and gradually build the speed from there.

If you keep playing at the same speed you'll never actually correct the mistakes, you kind of need to go back to the point before you started making them.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
steven seagull has got a lot of info.

the guy is always right.

go back and start slow - guitar pro is great for this if you have it.
alright, so if i get you guys correctly. i'm supposed to sort of "re-learn" the song, this time at a much slower pace? if that's what im supposed to do, i guess that's what i would do then. thanks for the advice
Exactly - you need to perfect the motions required to play the piece before you speed them up.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com