Long story short, my discman broke yesterday. I thought it would be a good moment to switch to a full-out MP3 player, and have been looking at the iPod classic 80GB. According to Wikipedia, it's a 6th generation iPod, and it stated that it had some issues. What I want to know is, are they good? I know about the hype iPods have, but I do have a lot of music, videos and pictures, and 80GB for $250 doesn't sound like that much of a bad deal. So, what are your opinions?
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
id get a zune, a million trillion times better. ive had both, and the zune is by far the better choice.
I've had the 80GB Classic since September/October time & I've NEVER had a single problem with it.
It's really good, except for iTunes, I hate that program with a passion.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
http://www.zunejourney.net/

Join us.
Quote by crust_punk
^ Have the slow and sluggish bugs been fixed?
Nope.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Mine's cool. Not had it long, and there were a few problems of songs not appearing and such- but iPods have been going wrong for so long and for so many people that there are people who know how to fix pretty much everything.
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Quote by Yngwi3
Nope.

Haha, that sucks. That would bother me SO much if I had an iPod Classic.
...I have a Zune 80 though.
Quote by Hobolad
but iPods have been going wrong for so long and for so many people that there are people who know how to fix pretty much everything.

Why not get a player that doesn't break/go wrong in the first place?
"iPods have been going wrong for so long" is not a GREAT way to try to sell a product

Quote by crust_punk
Haha, that sucks. That would bother me SO much if I had an iPod Classic.
...I have a Zune 80 though.

Bastard I want one, but my Zune 30 is fine for me atm
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

iv got the ipod classic there arent that many bugs with it, it crashes once in a blue moon but thats all, its much better than my old mp3 player
www.myspace.com/adayoverdue

GEAR-
Guitars-
Ibanez SA260lh
Epiphone SG-black lefthand
Vintage Metal Axxe
Westfield Les Paul copy

Pedals
BOSS Metal Core
BOSS TU2
BOSS NS2
BOSS BF3 Flanger

BOSS BCB60

Amp
Orange Dual Terror head
Quote by Yngwi3

Bastard I want one, but my Zune 30 is fine for me atm

Indeed a great device. Not much difference between the two now that you have the updated firmware. The squircle rocks though.
Wow, that's why I love UG, quick answers . So Zune, huh? I've read some stuff about them, and the website you gave me Yngwi3 was incredibly sluggish, but I think I get the point. Maybe I'll put up a poll, see what I can achieve. What gives the Zune extra points IMHO is the Radio thing, but I've had a good overall experience with iPods in the past. So poll it is.

EDIT: I can't add the poll, users after me who want to vote say for which one and I'll manually count them later.
Look!

I got my iPod 80gb classic last week and the only thing I don't like about it is having to use iTunes, but after a few hours the program becomes tolerable lol.

You'd be making a good choice going for the Classic, don't jump on the bandwagon and avoid it just because it's an iPod.
Why not get a player that doesn't break/go wrong in the first place?
"iPods have been going wrong for so long" is not a GREAT way to try to sell a product

I agree! This Zune is probably much better- but iPod's are cool too! Does Zune has solitaire?
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Quote by Garci
the website you gave me Yngwi3 was incredibly sluggish

Yeah, it's pretty slow but really informative for anyone looking into a Zune.
The iPod's interface is just so sluggish and I just can't get used to that damn wheel!

I wholeheartedly see it as a better player, and I know a lot of people with iPods (obviously, with them storming the mp3 player market).

http://www.zuneboards.com/ is another good site to learn from.

Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Quote by TobyFellrunners
I got my iPod 80gb classic last week and the only thing I don't like about it is having to use iTunes, but after a few hours the program becomes tolerable lol.

You could use a 3rd party software like MediaMonkey (that I personally use and recommend).
Ipods are awesome. I've been using 'em since christmas '05. My first ipod (ipod mini) broke christmas '06 so I got a new one (iPod video) and it's been running flawlessly since.
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
I'd get the classic, they look pretty cool. I'm not sure how good Zunes are as you don't get them in England.
Quote by Yngwi3
http://www.zuneboards.com/ is another good site to learn from.

That is a good site! Really has lots of information, loved it, makes me wonder why I never considered the Zune. Damn you, now you've made choosing a lot harder
Look!

I have an iPod Classic and I haven't had a single problem with it, and it works way better than my friends Zune.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
I've got a 30gb iPod classic. Very easy to use, only ever had one crash, which was fixed by pressing and holding in two buttons.

I also use and prefer iTunes to any other player (at least the ones that I've tried.)
Quote by Small Print
I've got a 30gb iPod classic. Very easy to use, only ever had one crash, which was fixed by pressing and holding in two buttons.

I also use and prefer iTunes to any other player (at least the ones that I've tried.)

Same here, I've only used WMP and Winamp, but I like iTunes a lot more than those two.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Oh yeah, I've been searching Wiki for some extra info, and found this (comparison of iPod managers). Maybe people who own iPods will want to check that out, I particularly liked Songbird, since it's made with the Mozilla engine and has all the features that iTunes has (except for the video thing, but you might use iTunes for that).
Look!

f*ck that, go with the i-fonze
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"